Chapter 21 : Stage

ηєνєя ℓєт тнιηgѕ нσℓ∂ уσυ вα¢к, υηℓєѕѕ ιт'ѕ ωσятн ιт.

***

Jin was all good now. 

He went to the practice for the first time after four days. 

Their official teaser being released, they had to work more harder than ever to make their dance perfect and mainly, in sync. 

Taehyung made himself seem confident from the outside, whereas he was getting more and more nervous as the days passed away. 

Well, he wasn't really hated by the public. Fans liked him very much, it was a pleasant surprise. Even though that gave him some calmness mentally, he couldn't help but freak out about the comeback stage. 

His first stage performance. 

He wanted to make sure he gave his best. He wanted to make himself perfect. 

And Taehyung would do anything to do that. 

.

.

.

"Tae, you're messing up, what's wrong?" Hoseok asked, worriedly looking at the younger's worn out face. 

Taehyung bit his lip, shaking his head, not wanting to answer him, sighing. The redhead went towards the corner of the room, to get some water. 

His mind was a mess. As he gulped down the water looking up, he tried not to let his tears out in front of the others. Blinking rapidly, he placed the bottle down, before joining. 

The confidence he felt when he found that he wasn't really hated by their fans disappeared in a flash of the moment. The tiny bit of hope he had that he could do well in his stage, went down as well. 

The urge to practice more went away in that second. The color in his face drained out completely, as he positioned himself not meeting any of the others' eyes. 

He was too ashamed to. 

"Tae---"

"Let's just practice, I need to get better," he muttered under his breath. 

And so they started for the umpteenth time.

Taehyung's eyes were stuck to the mirror in front of him, as he fully concentrated on his part. The only thing he felt bad was, he knew where he was weak and he knew where he messed up, even though he couldn't correct it. 

He hoped that he would be able to do it now. It wasn't like he had a choice, they were having their first stage in three days. 

With these thoughts in his mind, he diverted his attention back to his dance. 

------------

"Hyung, you need to calm down first," Jungkook said, as they decided to take a short break in between. 

"I am calm," the latter mumbled, even though everyone knew he really wasn't. 

"Tae, no one is here except us. Just be yourself and be free," Namjoon said, sitting beside the younger patting his thigh encouragingly. 

Still, Tae looked down. 

I'm such a disappointment. 

The redhead thought to himself, with his lips pursed in a straight line.