Grindin'

Everybody who was checkin' for a nigxa,

And was reppin' for a nigxa,

I appreciate ya' prayers,

I respect you, my nigxa

A lot of these lames kept hatin' on a nigxa

When I took a lil' fall, you was steppin' on a nigxa

If you keep it one hunnid, then I salute you, my nigxa

If I see you comin' fa' me, I'll shoot you, my nigxa

But'chu grindin' like I got somethin' to prove, my nigxa

Bet'chu couldn't walk a- mile in my shoes, my nigxa

-August Alsina

________________________

Noelle

I walked back into Aug's room after going downstairs to the cafe to get us some snacks to eat, knowing how terrible that hospital food probably was.

I saw him laying down on the bed watching the news. He poked his head up when he saw me.
"Took you long enough." he said as I handed him the Gatorade I'd bought for him.
I rolled my eyes playfully. "Boy, hush. I didn't know what the hell to get you, because all you eat is junk. I made sure to give you somethin' a bit nutritious."
"Thanks babe." he said, pecking my lips.

I sat down in the chair beside him, and sighed. Aug had been awake for 2 days now, and he was still in the hospital healing up, and the doctors would occasionally run tests on him. I'd been by his side the entire time. The whole squad was.

Everyone was a bit stressed over the situation, because knowing somethin' was up wit' Aug, affected everyone. They were still trying to get his family up here, and his Mom and Brother Travis were supposed to be arriving today. I was nervous as hell! What if they didn't like me? I don't know how she'd react when she finds out I'm a stripper or how to even answer that question. I was trying to keep my composure, but every time I thought about it, I got that same paranoid feeling.

Aug sat his Gatorade down after taking a sip, and looked at me confused.
"Elle, can you tuck me in a lil'? It's a lil' drafty in here." he said making me chuckle a bit.

I sighed, smiling and walked over to his bed. He smiled at me and layed back, as I covered up his arms and chest in the blanket.

"That good?" I asked.
"Fantastic." he said, still grinning.

I shook my head, attempting to walk back over to my seat, when he grabbed my hand with his. "Where you goin', Bae?" he asked.

I blushed. Aug always played like this when he wanted something or he wanted to see what was up wit' me, and it somehow always worked.
"To my seat.. Where else, August?" I continued to play along.

He shook his head. "Uh-uh, it's room right here on Daddy Aug." he said, patting his leg.

"Boy bye." I waved him off, attempting to walk away, but he would not let go of my hand.

"August, let me go." I tried not to laugh.

"Nah. I'm good."
"Boy, quit playin'! For real, Aug!"
"What I tell you 'bout callin' me 'boy'?"
"Man, whatever." I shook my head.
"Just sit down." he sighed.
I rolled my eyes giving in.

As soon as I'd sat down, he shrieked in pain, scaring me, as I quickly stood up. "OH MY GOD, AUG ARE YOU OKAY?" I asked, panicked, hoping to God I hadn't hurt him.