Numb

"I'm hoping to inspire and touch people in some way."

-August Alsina

_____________________________________

August

"Yeah, Momma. I got it." I said, laughing as my Mom cautioned of what these 'lil girls' were capable of doing to stars these days, again.

"Ok baby.. I proud of you Aug!" she said. I could tell she was smiling through the phone.

"Thanks. I wouldn't've been able to do it wit'out you, Ma. I love you." I said.

"Love you too, baby. You gon' win them awards, Aug. I'm prayin' for it!" She spoke in her New Orleans accent similar to mine.

"Me too, Momma."

"Ok baby, I'll let you get back to what you were doin'."

"Alright, bye Momma."

"Bye." she spoke before ending the call.

I threw my phone down on my bed, and began to walk into the kitchen to make me a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

After searching, and searching for cereal, I found a little bit of Frosted Flakes left inside of the refrigerator for some strange reason, and had soon found out I'd had no milk left. I sighed, and started walking back to my room to throw on a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and grab my phone and keys, before I went to Popeye's to get some chicken.

When I was finally ready, I hopped into my car, blasting my own album Testimony, as one of my favorites, Right There, blasted from the speakers of my white BMW, while I made my way to my favorite restaurant.

"Homie I was-" I sang, to myself, taking lead, as I drove.

When I'd finally pulled up to Popeye's, my stomach almost immediately started growling, as I pulled into the drive-thru. I turned down my radio.

"Hello, would you like to try our new 'Popeye's Louisiana Trios' for only three ninety-nine?" the female worker asked me through the drive-thru speakers.

"Naw, I'm good baby." I spoke.

"Ok, well how may I take your order?" She asked.

"Let me get a mixed eight piece, wit' a couple biscuits.. Gimme four.. wit' a large coke." I said, as my stomach began to growl even more.

"Spicy or mild?" she asked.

"Spicy." I immediately said, being the New Orleans nigxa that I was. It wasn't even an option, because spicy is everything to us, and you know we loved us some spicy chicken!

"Ok, your total is $19.37, sir."

"Alright." I said, pulling a twenty dollar bill out of my pocket, and pulling forward to the window.

"$19.37." the girl reminded again. I handed her the crisp twenty I held in my hand.

"Keep the change." I said before pulling forward to the next window. It took them a little while to finish making my order, as I sat in the car, now listening to my song 'You Deserve', as I impatiently waited on my food, because a nigxa was hungry!

A few minutes into waiting, they were done, as they handed me my food.

"Sorry about the wait." the guy handing me my food said.

"Don't worry about it." I said, not caring anymore because I'd finally had it. I checked and made sure they didn't mess up my order before pulling off, because knowing any fast-food restaurant, they always do.