Make It Home

"Cherish the ones in life who cherish you & take good care of yourself. Your life can be gone in a split second'."

-August Alsina

________________________

August

"God, please just let me be able to talk to Mel or somethin' just one more time. A nigxa just feel lost. I just gotta hear from him again, Lord, please.. Amen." I said saying my usual prayer.

More than anything else in the world, I've wanted to just have another conversation wit' my brother. Ever since he died, I ain't been the same. Nothin' has.. And I just feel like if we could have at least one more conversation, I could find some closure. I've been longing for his guidance. Mel always knew what to say. Whether he was callin' me out 'cause I was wildin' or whateva', I just needed some sort of sign that everything would be okay.

"Goon, you ready yet? You got a long day today!" Big T knocked on the door, as I finished getting dressed.
"Almost." I replied, sliding on my Strug Life snapback, along with my sunglasses.

I looked myself over in the mirror before walking out into the room with Big T, him leading the way to my interview with the Breakfast Club.

*

*

*

*

*

I'd had a long ass day today, and it was just beginning. I'd went on 106 for a minute, went to do an interview wit' The Breakfast Club, another interview wit' Hot 97, and workin' on top of that. I hadn't eaten all day, and wasn't at all feeling good.

It's always like this for me every time I go to New York. Everything happens just as quick as the snap of a finger, and you have to try and keep up, which will wear you completely out.

I had just finished my meet and greets with my fans, and was about to go on stage any moment now. As worn out as I was, I still had to give it my all for my fans. I couldn't shortchange them of what they payed to see because I wasn't feelin' too hot. I could get better later. Right now I just had to put everything else aside and go my hardest.

My DJ, DJ Era announced my name, as I walked out on stage and began performing. Sweat trickled down my skin, slowly at first, but it only got worse. It was hot as hell on this stage, but I had to keep on singing.

I sung a few songs, feeling completely miserable, as I watched the crowd scream, dancing, singing along and all. I finally got to numb, and began to turn up with the crowd a bit.

"I had one, two, three too many,
I'm fucked up, four chicks wit' me,
I'm loud, took about five shots
Six bottles I just copped
Twisted, turnt up, 24/7
That's more bad bitches I'm gettin'
They know I hit 'em and quit 'em
And go, past what they came here for" I sang, beginning to feel nauseous.

"Baby, can I see you make ya' ass drop?
I'ma let the Rose bottles pop
I'ma sip this 'Roc, baby don't stop
'Cause ya' body on fire, you too hot

I can't feel my face
I'm so numb
I'm so wasted
So dumb
I'm shit faced-ed-
Just in case I don't make it" I said, as the room began to spin.

"Take my drank, nigxa I'm buzzin',
Take my trees, nigxa I-" I tried to sing, as my face grew closer to the floor, and I fell off stage. Everything just went black.

___________________________

*

*

*