Alsina

August Anthony Alsina

          _________________________

I remember back when I was hurtin',Workin' selling crack

Where were all these nigxas at?

Claimin' they my fam,

If I lost it all tomorrow,

I know they won't give a damn!

                 -August Alsina

_____________________________________

        A lot of nigxas told me I'd never be anything. Little did they know what I'd become. Funny how life works, huh? Who knew a lil' nigxa from the NOLA would be posin' for pictures wit Bey and Jay-Z? Kickin' it wit' Meek, and touring wit' my bro 2-Chainz?

     I sholl didn't. My own step pops told me 'My beginning would be my end'. Look how far I done got though. I remember nights I used to sleep on the floor of a 'Quick & Easy' corner store, now I'm sleepin' in hotels over the ocean shores.

     I didn't get here by myself, the whole hood helped me. That's who I do it for. This fame shit ain't even what it's about for me. Gettin' pussy whenever and where ever is cool, but I do it for the NOLA, my momma, my nieces, KayKay, Chay, and Mya, and I do it for my deceased brother, Mel. My brotha' was the person I went to for everything. And when he got killed, a nigxa ain't know what to do. But at least I know he's in a better place, restin' and not stressin' about how he had to hustle to put food on the table and provide every need for his family. I am my brotha's keeper though, buhleedat, so I take care of his daughters like they're my own.

      Mel always said to prove the hatin' ass nigxas wrong. And a lot of these nigxas thought I wouldn't make it. But a nigxa got a gold record for a song they said was just a 'Buzz single'. Nigxa had a number 1 album in the whole country at a point and time. I love the feelin' of makin' all the nigxas who said I couldn't do shit, or wouldn't do shit feel stupid. I did it. What happened to all that shit you was talkin' earlier?

      But the fame is crazy. Heauxs be sneakin' in a nigxa hotel room and shit, and nigxas always focus on the negative shit! Like the 106 incident. My first album was starting to sell in stores and nigxas tried to play Yung', when I told them not to ask me about that hoe ass nigxa Trey Songz. The situation ain't even that serious. I just don't fuck wit' fake nigxas that wanna act all Hollywood. Nigxas don't even know what the fuck went down, and I'm the bad guy.. But fuck them too.

       Back on some positive shit, my album sales goin' off the chain, and I'm almost to where I'm try'na get, but I just gotta keep grindin' and prayin', cause the sky ain't the limit when they got footprints on the moon.

     A nigxa is just blessed. I remember when I couldn't even sing. I don't know nobody in my family that's musically inclined. I mean, I remember my father hummin' a lil bit, but I ain't know much about him since he was on drugs and even more questions remain since he died. Crazy what crack can do to a person. That's part of the reason why I quit hustlin'. Shit was sad to see how a nigxa could become a zombie or some shit because of some powder. It wasn't for me. I'm not that kinda person, shit don't feel right.

     And my brother's death is really kinda bittersweet, because I feel like he had to die for me to stop hustlin', cause it was fuckin' wit' my future, so everything I do is for Mel, cause that's blood right there, can't get no thicker than that. So I'm done wit that shit. If it weren't for that, I'd probably still be hustlin', be dead or in jail, because that's the only place that shit leads to. If it weren't for Mel I wouldn't even be singin'. My brother was a big encouragement for this music shit, cause it made me wanna do better.

      Nigxas in the NOLA barely get to see 25, and Mel was 24 when he got killed, which proved the statistics right in a way.. So after that happened, I moved up to Atlanta and got my music shit poppin'. When I finally knew I was gettin' somewhere with a deal, I moved my momma up wit' me, and my nieces moved up a lil' while ago. It was nothin' left in The NOLA for us, so I had to leave up out of there.

     So right now? My album just got released a couple weeks ago, I just finished my tour in Europe, with sold out shows. Didn't know nigxas rocked wit' me that far away.. That's love.

     I'm waitin' on my homie Chris to get out, so we can chill, cause he know everybody miss his ass. I'm not really in the place for a relationship right now because I just ain't got no time, being the busy ass nigxa I am, and you know, you always gotta give ya girl y'all time to spend together, and I ain't got that right now. I ain't tryna break no hearts or nothin', right now I'm just a young nigxa gettin' it, and I ain't tryna be tied down anyway. I'm just lookin' for a quick fuck and a lil' head from time to time, and I got plenty hoes for that, so why choose just one girl anyway?

       It might seem like I'm a player, but I never said I wasn't, shit. It's totally different when I actually have somebody, cause I'm a faithful ass nigxa, but it takes a while for me to build trust and let my guard down in relationships, cause I ain't gon' front, I've been hurt before. All these fake ass nigxas out here tryna act like they ain't got feelings and shit, but as always, Imma keep it G.

       Right now I'm tryna just see where the world takes me. What God has in store for me next. I'm just chillin'. No matter how big I get Imma always stay the same. This fame shit is irrelevant.

    Me and my momma at a weird place right now, but we still got a lot of love for each other. She might not always be right, but she never lead me wrong. My momma's lessons stuck with me, whether or not I always listened. I'ma always stay humble, and true. And be the same August, only getting better. Who knows what's next? We'll have to live and see where that takes us. This is only the beginning. So here's my testimony.