Epilogue Pt.1

4 years later

A/N POV

Not a lot had changed Cameron and Eric are married and Cameron told his fans the truth about his sexuality and about Eric, they went crazy after hearing the news, Jaren and John are also married and adopted a kid named Robert (If you know you know \(•w•)/).

(The Misfits are on a vacation in Sydney)

Matt and Mason were seated on the beach, snuggled up in each other's arms while watching the sunset, but something wasn't right with Mason, his guilt from years ago grows everyday "Matt, I need to tell you something, serious" Mason pulls away from Matt's embrace, "what is it, baby?" Matt looks over to boyfriend, Mason tries to swallow the big lump in his throat, "um I don't how to tell you this in an easier way so I'm just gonna say it" Matt was getting worried, "Jay and I hooked up, a lot, while you were in a coma, but-"you what?" Matt interrupts "I'm really sorry Matt, it didn't feel right so we stopped" Matt stood up "I can't believe you'd keep that from me for 4 years, what is it? you can't trust?" He says, Mason stood up as well and tried to take Matts hand but he pulls it away "I was going to tell you sooner but-"you know what just take it, I don't want it anymore" Matt pulls a small box out his pocket and tosses it at Mason as he walked away, "Matt, please I'm sorry" he goes after him but Matt pushes him back into the sand "just leave me alone, I need to be alone" Matt says then continues to walk back to their hotel, Mason had landed next to the box that Matt had, he grabs it and opens it up, his eyes immediately watered up as soon as he saw an engagement ring inside, he closes the box and holds it against his chest then pulls his knees into his chest and cried and cried until his eyes and head hurt.

Matt was going up to his room and bumps into Jay, "hey Matt, where's Mason?" He asks "fuck. you." he says looking dead into his eyes "he told you..." Jay figured "yeah, he did, who in the right mind would do that to their best friend?" Matt says "Matt, I'm sorry, I was just helping him cope" Jay explains, "by hooking up with him?" "I know, we both feel guilty for it, it meant nothing, Matt" "how long did you guys wait before" Matt asks "well..." Jay hesitates to say "are you fucking kidding me?" Matt pushed pass him and goes into his room.

Mason eventually got up, eyes were bloodshot for crying, it was dark so Mason went into the hotel. When he made it to his room he hesitates to open the door, but when he does he sees Matt on the balcony smoking, "I never thought I'd see you smoking" he says softly as he walked up to him, "and I never thought you would sleep with my bestfriend after I told you I loved you and jumped in front of car for you" he spits out like venom, Mason felt like crying again as he fidgets with the small black box, "did you lie to me about being sexual traumatized?" He asks finally looking at sad younger male, "no, of course not, Jay kind of helped me, sometimes I'd have panic attacks or just cry, and he calmed me down and taught me how to calm down, sometimes it works sometimes it didn't" he tried to explain with out crying, "so you guys dated?" He blows out his cigarette by crushing the ashes in an ash tray, "no, he was just helping me, I didn't know how to cope with you being gone, and feeling like it was my fault" he stepped closer to Matt, "how long did it go on for?" He asked "Matt... I-"just answer the question" "a month" Mason's tears finally stream down his cheeks, Matt shook his head is disappointment, "you can stay in a Tobi's room, now if you excuse me I have a boat date to cancel" he snarled and pulled out his phone, Mason still crying asked "does this mean, we're over?" "No, I just need some time to think about it" , he leaves and knocks on Tobi's door what was down the hall from Matt's room, Tobi eventually opens the door "Mason? What's wrong?" She asks "he hates me" Mason sobs, "come in" she moves to the side, he goes in and sits on the bed, "what happened?" She asked sitting next to him "I told him, about Jay and I and now he hates me" he says through his tears "oh Maso, it's going to be ok, he'll understand soon enough" "now we're gonna break up and I'll be alone"

"Mason, you'll never be alone I'll be right beside you, did he say you guys were going to break up?"

"No, he said he was going to think about it, but what if he does want to break up"

"he won't I'll talk to him, what's in the box?"

"Matt was going to propose" he cries harder "if I had just shut up and forgot about it I would've been engaged to him"

"Aw Masey, I'm so sorry how about we get some sleep"

Mason nods his head, and slipped off his shoes near the bed, and got under the sheet, but he didn't let go of box "do you want me to put that on the nightstand?" she asked, he nods his head and gave it to Tobi, he stops sobbing after a little while and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 960