Chapter 1: Warm Welcome

I do not own the characters One Direction or are associated with them in real life. However, any fictional characters are strictly mine. This story is copyrighted and the breaching of so is punishable by law.

This story will contain: strong language, underage drinking, moderate scenes of violence, and mild mature and sexual content. For these reasons it is stritly PG-13.

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved

__________________________________________________________

 Chapter 1: Warm Welcome

"Everyone please give a warm welcome to Michelle Stevens!" the presenter says. She has her short brown hair cropped in a pixie cut and is smiling at the camera while I step onto the stage in a pale yellow sundress. I settle down onto the couch opposite her and cross my legs the way my manager, Alicia, told me to.

"So, Michelle how are you? Please make yourself at home," she says with a friendly grin on her face. "Try not to pay attention to the scary camera man."

I laugh nervously while chuckles fill the room. I can't believe that I am on a national talkshow in a live studio talking about music. My music. This is a dream come true. Ever since I was seven my one dream was to become a musician. And now I've made an album and am living the life that I could have only dreamed of before.

"So Michelle, this is the first that a lot of people have heard of you. What's it like to be the hottest new musician of 2012?"

"It's incredible," I start nervously, "I'm still in shock that all of this is happening and I'm almost expecting my mom to wake me from this dream and tell me it's time to go to school." I chuckle out.

The audience laughs. "So, I'm going to be the one to ask this because it has to be done: Is there one particular celebrity you have a crush on?"

My smile falters and the audience hangs on the edge of their seats waiting for my answer. Sorry folks, you're not going to like this one.

"Oh, no. I don't have time for boys, I'm still trying to get my footing and kick off my career." I say hesitantly.

A groan is heard throughout the room and I smile shyly.

"Wow! What are you? Seventeen? And you don't have time for boys! You know, you and my daughter should talk more often. She's fourteen and is just as boy-crazy as can be," the presenter responds, pushing away the audiences dissapointment with a joke.

Ever since I finished recording my EP Hopeless Romantic and put out my first single, I have been determined to keep away from all distractions. And distractions include boys.

The presenter finishes up the interview and now it's showtime. I always get the jitters before a live performance but I've practiced enough and I feel confident about it.

"So Michelle, I've heard about your new EP Hopeless Romantic," the presenter says holding up my CD with a picture of me on it, "and we've all heard your single Light Up the Night on the radio but you've never performed on live TV. Go on up there and show us what you've got."

I step onto the stage and take my place in front of the microphone while the guitar starts vamping. My stomach fills with butterflies and I can hear the introduction ending. I open my mouth nervously and start to sing.

I'm tired of waiting for the world

You've caught my eye

And I'm tired of feeling shy

'Cause you could be my kryptonite 

Baby be mine tonight, yeah.

And you don't know about me