Chapter 5: First Show

I hope you guys like this chapter.  I'm actually pretty proud of it. Please make sure to comment, read, and vote!

-Dani Xx

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 5: First Show

"There! You're all done!" Vee says clapping her hands. She's obviously very proud of her handiwork.

Vee spins me around in my chair so I can see my reflection while she sprays portions of my hair with hairspray. The style she's given me is actually realy pretty.  It’s really simple and lets my natural curls fall down my chest.

"Now go on over to Brooke then come back when I'm done with the backup dancer's hair and makeup."  Vee says while pushing me out the door.

When I try to find Brooke, I see she's helping Lou out with the boys hair and apparently makeup.  When I walk in, Lou is putting light pink lipstick on Harry's lips.  I creep up behind him and put my hands over his eyes. 

"You know, Harry, I saw that picture of you wearing your mom's bra.  Now lipstick?"  I say.

"Hazza, it's a slippery slope!" Liam yells across the room.

"Michelle! I was wondering where you disappeared to!" Harry turns around to look at me before Lou turns him back around so he's facing her.

"Why are you giving Harry lipstick?" I aks Lou, cocking one eyebrow up.

"Well, if we don't give them a little bit of makeup, they look washed out under the light of the stage." Lou says. Now, she's putting eyeliner on Zayn. "Today, I had to put some bronzer on Harry, too.  He's a little peaky today." The boys and I laugh while Harry pretends to be offended.

"Hey, Brooke, do you have my clothes?" I ask, remembering why I came in the first place.

"Oh right! Vee seemed to be taking a longer time with your hair so I figured I could help Lou with the boys.  Your clothes are on the chair over there." Brooke says.

"It's no problem." I pick up the pink, high waisted shorts that show off my legs and have a stiched on flower at the side, my light blue, short sleeved jean jacket that goes with the simple white blouse.  It all looks really cute and fun until I pick up an enormous pair of floral printed high heeled pumps.

"Uh, Brooke, what are these?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"Love, you're so lucky you get to dress a girl!” Lou says to Brooke, “Those high heels are gorgeous! I read somewhere that wedged pumps like those are in style!  These boys never want to wear fun stuff like that." Lou gasps and pretends to glare at the boys.

"Hey! My feelings are hurt Lou! It’s not my fault that I can’t pull of stilettos." Louis says, pretending to wipe away an imaginary tear.

"Are those a little too high? Sorry, they're about an inch taller than the one's you practiced with, but they were too beautiful to resist!" Brooke says, to me.

"A little too high!? " my voice squeaks out. 

“Oh, Michelle, don’t worry, love.  Now hurry up, you don’t have much time left.” Lou tells me.

I look at the clock and see that it's an hour and fifteen minutes until I have to go on.  My spine tingles and it feels like someone has just injected ice water into my veins. 

"Uh, where do I change? I think Vee is doing the backup dancers' hair in my room." I say.

"Just change behind that screen back there, hun." Brooke is cleaning her glasses.