Chapter 6: Aftermath

Sorry for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger, but I just had to! I hope you guys like this chapter! Please make sure to comment, read and vote.  

-Dani Xx 

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 6: AFTERMATH

RECAP

"Because I like you! You’re not really making this very easy for me, are you?" Harry says, laughing nervously. "Well, if you must know, I think you're funny and sweet and you're different from most girls," he says, putting his hand over mine.

"I guess what I’m trying to ask is…Michelle, will you go on a date with me?"

MICHELLE

“Harry, I’m sorry,  I can’t go on a date with you.”  I say before I have time to change my mind.

“Why not? On one of our days off,  we could do something together,” Harry says.

“It’s not that I can’t, as in not possible,” I start, “it’s just that I’m not interested in you as anything more than a friend.” If I lie to him now, maybe he’ll lose interest.  I can’t tell him Alicia won’t let me date because then he’ll eventually convince me to go on a date with him. 

“Oh,” Harry says, his smile falling. To the floor.

“I’m sorry Harry. I just don’t like you like that,” I say, my heart breaking with every word.

“Wow, this is awkward.” Harry picks lint a loose strand off his jeans and I slowly take a sip from my Sprite feeling tears prick my eyes.  I raise my glass closer to my face as I drink so my tears will fall in and Harry won’t see how I feel.

“How are you two lovebirds?” Lou says when the rest of the boys walk over. “Looks like Harry finally grew a pair and asked you out, ey?”

“Lou, stop it.” Harry mutter quickly.

“Aw, Harry’s a little shy! Well, cheers to you two! Where are you going on your date?” Lou asks, taking a seat.

“Lou, just stop it, okay?” Harry says loudly, slamming his hand on the table, his muscles rippling slightly underneath his plain white t-shirt. Harry storms out, grabbing his jacket off the back of his chair.

“Whoa, man, what’s wrong with Harry? What happened?” Niall says.

“He asked me out and I said no,” I say softly, looking at the bottom of my empty glass.

“Ouch.” Liam says.

“Damn.” Zayn says, sitting down.

“Wait, why?” Niall asks.

“Niall!” Liam scolds, smacking him on the arm.

“It’s complicated. I’m going back home, I should pack for tomorrow and I don’t really feel like partying anymore.” I get up from the table, grab my purse, and take a taxi home.

HARRY

I’m gutted. I normally don’t take taxis anymore but I decided to risk being seen by a fan. I needed to get out of that club. I don’t understand what happened. Just this morning I was about to kiss her and now she says that she’s not interested in me. And then there’s Louis. I know he means well but just at that moment I couldn’t take it anymore. So I snapped at him and left. I look out the window and all the city lights of New York flash by. People are walking down the street, laughing and it just doesn’t seem fair that they could be so happy while I’m feeling completely shattered. I’ve been turned down plenty of times and I’ve gotten through it, but for some reason this feels different. Maybe it’s the way Michelle turned me down. Almost as if she was holding something back or hiding something from me.