12. To Kill A Killer

"Frank..." Dr. Alphonse said, he was twiddling his fingers, tapping his foot nervously.

"Tell me what the hell this is!" I shouted. Dr. Alphonse flinched at my tone.

"Frank, I can explain." Dr. Alphonse said. I pulled out a few empty vials. I threw them at the doctor, they shattered against him.

"Fucking explain then!" I screamed. He took a few steps away from me, fear all over his eyes. "If you give me some bullshit answer of him being diabetic then I'm going to smash your face in!" I snarled.

"Frank, listen to me." Dr. Alphonse said, he reached out to touch my shoulder but I lashed out an arm, gripped his wrist and pushed back on the outside of his elbow. There was an audible crack of his arm snapping. The bone breaking. He howled in pain. I pushed him down, tears going down my face.

"Explain!!" I snapped. I kicked him in the stomach, I was beyond mad.

"Frank! Stop!!!" Alphonse shouted, he slid across the floor cowering in fear. He looked at me. "We had no other choice." He said.

"No other choice? You killed him." I snapped.

"He was going to die anyway Frank! He barely had a month left in him. Barely a week." Alphonse replied, his tone was similar to mine.

"Where is he..?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"He's in the pits." Alphonse answered, i glared at him. "The basement of the prison, its a mortuary for prisoners. He's scheduled to be cremated today."

"No." I said. I grabbed a vial, took the black leather book and dashed out the floor. I got some glass in my feet. I didn't care. I ran down corridors of the prison, I had no idea where i was going. I just knew I had to be going down. I was wiping my eyes as I ran, the leather book in my hand tightly.

I ran down stairs, many flights of stairs. I stumbled down the last flight, skinning my back on the stairs. I was in a silver room, the floors were steel, the walls. there were body freezers too. The silver boxes lined the walls.

A man in a black coat looked at me. He looked in his mid twenties, he had black hair and a grimace.

"Your back okay?" The man asked. I stood up, standing on my toes in case I had to move quickly. He walked toward me and when he noticed me tense up, he raised his hands innocently. "Let me take a look at it." He said calmly. I let myself calm.

The man lifted the back of my shirt, as soon the room air hit the wounds on my back o had chills shoot up my spine. "Oh, that doesnt look to good. Let me take care of it." He said, he guided me to a steel table and made me sit on it. I looked at the steel, my reflection in it. Was it just me or did I look insane?

"I don't understand." I whispered, I still had tears coming down my face. I was feeling emotions I didn't know. Gerard...he'd hate to see me this torn down.

"Its life, no one understands." The man said, I looked up at me, I noticed he had dreadlocks. He looked at me and smiled lightly. "Call me Troy." He said, he went behind me and lifted my shirt. He put some medicine and covered the wounds. Dropped my shirt back down. "Your feet, want me to help them?" Troy asked.

"Sure." I said quietly, i turned my eyes back to my reflection. I felt this pain in my chest, was my heart breaking more? I reached over to where my face was in the reflection, I ran my fingers over it. I swear when I saw it once my fingers left I saw a dead Gerard.

"This is pretty bad, may I ask what you did..uh...?" Troy asked.

"My name is Frank." I told him. "I...have someone in here. I need...to see him..if its not too late." I whispered. He pulled glass out of my feet. I looked straight in the eyes of myself. Was I losing it? I touched the face again, just seeing Gerard looking back at me.

"Who?" Troy asked.

"Gee...Gerard Way." I whispered. He noticed me begin to cry. He finished my feet quickly and stood up straight. He touched my shoulder in a comforting way and sighed.

"He's still here." Troy told me. "Is that insulin?" Troy asked looking at the vial of insulin that rolled out of my pocket. I nodded. "Why do you have that? Prisoners cannot have this kind of stuff." He didn't sound mad, just confused.

"I took it from a cabinet..in the glass rooms." I answered. "They gave it to Gerard. More vials than I could count. They killed him." I choked out. I began crying hard again. Troy let me collapse into him, hugging him tightly. "He was dying, but they made his death come too soon!" I sobbed.

"He was that murderer who escaped wasn't he?" Troy asked in a soft tone, he was rubbing my back soothingly.

"He is...yes." I cried.

"Damn Alphonse." Troy snapped. I looked at him. "He's done this before." Troy said darkly.

"Its inhumane." I whispered, troy nodded, he agreed with me. "He killed my boyfriend..my...life." I whispered.

"Gerard was sentenced to execution, Alphonse knew that. He knew that for the others he killed. He would wait until they got ill and then kill them with chemicals." Troy told me. "That's what he did to Gerard." He said.

"Gerard had aids.." I mumbled. "He could have made it longer though!!" I sobbed.

"Do you want to see him, Frank?" Troy asked. I nodded slowly and opened my eyes rubbing them with the heel of my palm. Troy stepped away from me and walked to the steel body freezers. He looked a few and then opened one, it was maybe at his waist in height. He rolled the drawer part of it out. There was a body shape, under a white sheet. "Come on over here Frank." Troy said, he looked at me with glassy eyes. He was kind of upset.

I walked over slowly, scared, and my feet hurt. I reached the drawer, Gerard looked like he was sleeping. He looked somewhat peaceful despite his lack of weight and muscle. His lips were blue. His eyes were closed. I bit my lower lip. Troy stepped away and went to a different table where a corpse lay with a scalpel sticking in the chest.

"Take your time Frank." Troy said. I nodded.

I reached a hand out, I touched Gerard's cheek, it was cold, so lifeless. His flesh was taut and not as moveable as it would have been when he was alive. He looked carved of stone and painted. His black hair was laying limply where it was. Tears cloudy my vision.

"Why did this happen?" I asked Gerard, was I expecting an answer? No, of course not. He was gone never coming back. "Fuck." I whimpered, I slumped down to my knees, my arms on the drawer, my head on my arms. Sobs escaping my lips.

I just wished..wished he'd still be alive. Wished he would still be here. "You didn't do anything Gee..you know that right? You did all you could do to protect them all.." I cried to his body. "You didn't have to die yet, you still had a chance to live Gee."

I reached up and ran my fingers shakily through his hair. His glossy black hair, it didn't even feel real. It was silky. I reached down and touched his hand. I laced my fingers through his, his palms were rough, dry and almost prickly. Was he wasting away before my eyes?

"I love you.." I whispered, I began crying again. "You'll be with me..." I whispered. "Forever." I leaned up and over him, hugging him, he didn't hug back. But I held him tightly in my arms.

*********************

A/N: this is a depressing chapter. and to add to it, I also listened to depressing music whilst writing..yeah.

So, I've got this brilliant idea for this story..so be warned c:

Comment Whatcha think!

~My Dog Is Warm!!!!

XoXog