Chapter 25

The team came running into the warehouse along with a SWAT team but came to a stop once they saw what was happening before them.

As I fell to the ground, my eyes fixed upon Spencer, I used my last breath to tell him something.

"I forgive you."

Spencer had been on his feet trying to gather the words to say but he was now slowly sinking to his knees as he heard the quiet whisper of my words.

The SWAT team had proceeded into the warehouse and shot the man who was still armed and not showing signs of halting fire.

Spencer didn't care what was happening around him and I. He came to my side, tears running down his face, being there for me at my last moments.

I was at peace knowing the last person I would see was him. As I fell to the ground I felt cold. I knew it was my time to go but in another sense I wasn't prepared to leave Spencer. As I got my final words out and my last breath, I reached the floor. I took one last look at Spencer as he was holding my hands, staying by my side till I was gone.

I would miss him greatly.

I would miss poetry before bed. I would miss coffee in the morning and random facts about random things throughout the day. I would miss the life I once lived, the one where I was with who I was meant to be with all along.

I wanted to make sure that he knew none of this was his fault. Give him reassurance that whatever he thinks he's done, I forgive him.

No matter how much I wanted to, I didn't have to tell him I love him. He already knew that.

And I knew he loved me too.