Chapter 2

We said our goodbyes to the team and headed over the bridge.

It took a lot of convincing to get Spencer to come to the picnic today. He tried getting me to stay home with him so we could watch our favorite movie and take turns reading to each other. He loves the team and being with them, but what can I say, a day like that is a hard thing to pass up. In the end, I persuaded him that we both need to go but I promised we'd spend the next free day together.

We walked hand-in-hand across the bridge and to the pond. There was a small bench off to the side where Spencer and I decided to sit.

"I don't get why this is your favorite sweater, it's too itchy."

Spencer had worn my favorite sweater of his. It was a red sweater, much too big for him, but it looked perfect anyway. He had also worn the pair of converse he once hated. Hard to believe that the guy who pretty much limits himself to only wearing converse would actually hate a pair of them. But he did. They just weren't "his style". That same pair had been recently covered in random drawings, courtesy of yours truly. He saw the shoes and they became his favorite pair. He said my "artwork" made them special.

"I'm not sure either, it just is."

I laid my head on his shoulder as we watched the ducks in the pond swim back and forth. I closed my eyes. I thought about how happy I was with Spencer and where I was. He started to move around a little bit so I lifted my head up to meet his eyes.

"y/n?"

"Yeah Spence?"

"I love you."

I love you...

It took me a few seconds to process what he had said to me. Those words were all I wanted to hear for the rest of my life. The world began to slow. The slight smile he gave after those words were said made everything disappear. I knew exactly what to say. With no effort at all, I looked up at the love of my life and said,

"I love you too Spencer."