Chapter 7

Night had fallen, and the air had been bone-chilling. Everything was pitch black, and Luise could hardly see anything.

"Hey Goldie, you still awake?"

Luise sprang up, trying to hide her fear of darkness. Closing her eyes, she prayed that the night would just end.

She didn't know why she was afraid of the darkness, It only became evident in their current situation. Of course the 'spectacular' moment inside the dark box was terrifying, but there was light, even though it was dim.

"Goldie."

"S-Stop calling me t-that." Luise tuck herself tight. Her voice giving out that she was indeed afraid.

"Don't tell me you're frightened by the...dark?" He questioned with a tone of amusement. "Pathetic, and to think that you've only put a brave front while bickering with me."

Luise broke into quiet sobs, she was terrified as hell. She didn't like the dark, she didn't like being vulnerable.

"I was just jo-, Are you crying?" Minho sat beside Luise.

"Shut up you jerk." Luise mumbled, whimpering every now and then.

A few minutes past, and the silence was awfully awkward. Making the situation worse.

"Hey."

"What." Minho replied.

"Say something, Anything." Luise begged. Tucking a few strands from her disheveled hair.

"Anybody you hate in the glade?" Minho asked, curiosity evident in his tone
As he fiddled with the buckles of his bag.

"Gally."

"You too?" Minho asked. "That guys one ugly shank with a messed up attitude. He got stung before, went through the changing. Ever since then he's been crazy, spouting things that made no sense."

"Changing?" Luise brought up, a million ideas surging inside her brain at the word. Suddenly a flickering light from outside had sparked their interest. It was a torch, glowing with different hues of red, orange, and gold.Suprisingly, Luise had found it fascinating, keeping her distracted from
what had made her preoccupied.

"I've brought you food." A platter of different delicacies were placed in front of them. There were loaves of bread and roasted pork, some mixed veggies at the side to keep the meal balanced.

"Alright, I'll be leavin you two then. Don't try to kill each other, alright?" Newt left, while they began to munch on their grub.

The moonlight had shone, giving the two a dim-lit source of light. Luise found it a tad awkward as they ate silently, as if they were strangers.

After awhile, the two were finished eating and were now leaning on the shacks solid frame. Both were evidently stuffed as they tried to digest what they had eaten.

"Hey, what are those floating mechanical critters?"

Minho looked at what Luise meant, seeing a glowing insect with blades, just outside their comfy hut. He quickly identified it, keeping a serious face.

"Those are beetle blades, Shuck." Minho placed his right arm unto his right knee in a half sitting position, "Those little klunks watch our every move, keep the bastards that watch us entertained."

"Then what about the 'changing'?" Luise combed her blonde hair as she waited for Minho' answer.

"Why do you ask a lot? Can't you just sleep?" Minho lied down on the ground, his back facing me as he placed his other hand to serve as an alternative pillow.

"Wait where do I sleep?" Luise wondered, not wanting to sleep beside a teen, better yet a man.

"Just lie down, will ya?"

Luise gulped, and faced the other side as she laid beside Minho. She could feel his back against hers, strangely. Luise felt something un-explainable tugging within her, making her feel un-easy.

A few minutes passed, and Luise grew relentless. Squirming every now and then.

"It's co-, What the heck are you doing!?" Minho had faced her direction, putting them both in an embrace-like position. Luise squirmed, blushing non-stop at their situation.

The only thing heard was Minho's loud snoring. "Damn." Luise cursed, her cheeks becoming more and more red. She had wanted to push him off, but Minho's strong arms prevented her from doing that.

"Let go you jackass! ugh."

Luise realized that whatever restraint she did was useless. "I hate you." She muttered as she laid in Minho's arms.

Luise adjusted a bit, closing her eyes. She quickly fell into deep slumber.

-----

It was the early morn, fresh dew drops adorned the lush green grass as a blonde teen with a tall stature made his way towards the 'Slammers'

Newt looked at the shack where the two shanks were locked in only to be startled by the position they were in.

"What in the bloody hell?" Newt opened the door and woke the two up. Minho was the first to awaken, as he glared at Newt.

"It's too early to run the maze."

"Why were you both embracing each other while you two were asleep? I thought you wouldn't lay a finger on her?!" Minho looked startled at what Newt was saying, he looked at Luise who was about to wake up.

As soon as Luise had open her eyes, she immediately kicked Minho's shin as she pulled herself up afterwards.

"Why the shuck did you do that?!" Minho asked as he rubbed his swollen shin. Minho had gotten put of the hut and was now throwing daggers at Luise who was doing the same thing.

"You unconsciously embraced me while you were sleeping. Do you think I'd just let yout get away with it?!" Luise crossed her arms.

"Would you two just bloody stop fighting." Newt intervened, "Now shush, okay? Luise you've got training to do. I'll have to talk to you later Minho, now it's time for you two to go separate ways."

"Fine." They both said in unison, thumping their feet like sulky children.

Newt catched up to Luise to give her a slight push.

"Try your best not to klunk at everything."

"Whatever." Luise chuckled as she made her way to her next training ground.

To Be Continued...