Chapter 8: Crainer's Mistake

Y/N POV

The next few days passed in a blur. Between the excitement of new classes, hanging out with my friends, and making new ones, the week zipped by. Before I knew it, it was Friday. The day of Jimmy's big party, or "the Beast party" as everyone was calling it. All during the week I had heard whispers throughout the hall about who had and hadn't been invited, but the rumours were really flying on Friday.

"I heard, at his last party, someone chugged a full bottle of Italian dressing!"

"I heard someone backflipped onto a keg stand!"

"I heard Jimmy himself jumped through a flaming hoop!"

By lunchtime, the rumours were absolutely insane. With my food in hand, I strolled over to my normal table (Lauren had now joined our little group, along with her friend Scott, also known as Dangthatsalongname.) , already planning on discussing and laughing about the rumours with my friends. I was almost at the table when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Y/N! Over here!"

I turned around to see Jimmy waving at me, beckoning me over to his table. His friends Chris, Chandler and Karl sat with him, gesturing me over.

I spun back around to my friends. "What do I do?" I whispered frantically.

"Go sit with them!" Jess said, waving me away.

"But-" I opened my mouth to rebute, but Scott cut me off.

"Y/N, that is MR. BEAST we are talking about. No buts, just go sit with him!"

"Alright!" I sighed dramatically, turning around. I walked over to their table, praying I wouldn't trip or something and make a fool out of myself. I watched Jimmy whisper something to Chris, who in turn scooted away from him.

"Come, sit!" Jimmy said with a big smile, patting the now-empty spot next to him. I hesitated for a moment, before sitting next to him.

"So, you're Y/N," Chris began, with a glance over at Jimmy.

"Uhh, yeah, I am," I muttered, reaching for my water and taking a sip. "We have class together, don't we?"

"Right, we do," he said, laughing.

"You excited for the partyyyyy?" Karl asked, drawing out the end of the word.

I shrugged. "I mean, sure. It sounds like it's gonna be a fun party."

"So, has Jimmy told her yet that he invited Y/N to the party because he li-" Chandler started, but Chris elbowed him in the ribs.

"Shut up!" He hissed quietly.

I just stayed quiet, nibbling at my food.

"Well, it's gonna be a great time," Jimmy said, turning to me. "Just curious, who all did you invite?"

"Well, I invited Ben, like you said, and his roommate Pat..." I began to tick off names on my fingers. "Then I invited my roommates Jess and Lauren, and Lauren's friend Scott. Andddd that's it," I finished, shrugging.

Jimmy nodded, absorbing all this information, and the rest of lunch passed in the same manner. Jimmy even took care of my lunch tray for me.

"I'll see you at the party, Y/N!" He yelled over his shoulder as he was walking away with his boys. I silently waved back before heading to my next class.

*Timeskip*

"Jess, for the last time, I told you everything!" I yell from the bathroom, laughing. "Maybe you can grill Jimmy for details when we get to the party."