Chapter 2: Icebreaker

This chapter will probably focus more on Ben/Crainer. just an FYI

A few hours after meeting the boys, Jess and I had finished setting up my recording equipment and getting ready for the- oh, I don't know what to call it, hangout session? We had snacks prepared, movies loaded- it was set up to be a great night.

Jess and I double checked to make sure everything was ready, and then we changed our clothes.

^You

^Jess (with white jeans and purple sneakers)

After we had changed, we sat together on one of the couches and chatted, watching the clock on the wall tick closer and closer to 7:00 PM.

At 6:59, the doorbell rang, causing Jess to jump. "They're early!" I stifled a laugh as she ran to the door. She opened the door wide, revealing the two of them. I noticed Ben had changed his clothes, he was now wearing a nicer-looking light blue shirt and black jeans. Pat was still wearing his same outfit from earlier.

"Hey everyone!" Ben waved happily. I smiled and waved back at them. Jess was right, they really were cute. Jess stood aside and let them in. She moved to sit next to me, then decided against it.

"We should switch it up! So we can get to know everyone better! C'mon Ben, you can sit next to Y/N!" He nodded and sat on the other side of the couch I was on, flashing me a shy smile. I smiled back as Jess sat next to Pat.

"Alright!" Jess clapped her hands. "Does anyone want to watch a movie? We have a lot of options!"

Everyone agreed with that idea, so we scrolled through the options on Jess's Netflix until we decided on Always Be My Maybe. Jess and i had seen it; Ben and Pat hadn't.

Jess turned it on and we all began to watch it.

"So you've seen this before? Is it good?" Ben asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. It's super good. Almost as good as Crazy Rich Asians."I turn and smile at him. (BTW these are all titles I recommend like go watch them)

I could have imagined it, but I swear I saw him blush in the dark. I turned my attention back to the movie, taking one of the two popcorn bowls from the table and setting it by Ben and I.

About halfway into the movie, Jess and Pat were still totally engrossed in it, but Ben and I weren't as much. We were more interested in learning about each other.

"So, where are you from?" he asks.

I rest my arm on the back of the couch. "<Hometown.> I'm glad I'm not there anymore. "

"Oh. Why?"

"People didn't really like me there."

"What? What's not to like?"

I laugh and blush a tiny bit, looking away momentarily. "I dunno. Ask them." I pause for a moment before changing the subject. "Do you miss Denmark?"

He shrugs. "It's very pretty there. But honestly, I'm excited to be here in America. My dog Bobby is going to be sent over here soon, so that will make me happier."

I smile. "You have a dog?"

He nods and pulls out his phone, showing me his lock screen. It's a photo of an adorable pug.

"Aww! He's so cute!!!"

He laughs and stows the phone away. "Do you have any pets?"

I shake my head. "No, not yet. My parents never let me have one. I've always wanted one, though."

He nods sympathetically. "That sucks. Pets are super cool."

Suddenly, we hear a chorus of "SSSH!" from the other couch. Ben and I look at each other and laugh, then turn back to the movie.

*Timeskip to when the movie ends*

The movie finally rolls the credits, and Jess turns the lights back on. "Wow! That movie was really good!" Pat exclaims.

Jess smiles. "I know, right! Did you like it, Ben?"

He slowly nods. "Yeah, it was nice." Truth be told, he had been focused on other things than the movie.

Jess reaches for her phone and clicks it on. "Whoa, it's almost ten! I can't believe it!"

"Yeah, Ben and I should get going soon. But before that, what classes do you guys have?"

I pull my schedule out of my pocket and glance at it.

1: Music
Teacher: Malinda Kathleen Reese (Translator Fails)

2: Gaming
Teacher: Sean Mcloughin (Jacksepticeye)

3: Cooking Challenges
Teacher: Rosanna Pansino

4: Animation
Teacher: Kevin Parry

5: Challenge Games
Teacher: Preston Arsement (PrestonPlays)

After conferring with everyone, it turned out I had Music with Jess, Cooking Challenges with Pat, and Challenge Games with Ben.

The boys left back to their dorm, and Jess and I waved goodbye to them. As I turned to go back into the room, I caught sight of a girl with long blonde hair staring at me in a very unfriendly way. I walked back into the room and shut the door.

What was up with her?

Ughhh I hate making Jen the villian...