First Time Holding Him (Ruave/Rave)

"What if I break him Randy?" Terrence asked nervously. He and Randy had just adopted a baby a few days ago and Terrence had been afraid of holding Henry. He wasn't used to being around something so small and fragile. Randy was sitting on the couch with the little human in his arms. "Terrence, you're not gonna 'break him' c'mere." Terrence obliged, sitting next to Randy who then gently passed Henry to Terrence.

Terrence tensed when Henry stirred in his arms. Was he uncomfortable? Was Terrence scaring him? He was so nervous. "He's so tiny." Terrence uttered quietly. Henry looked up at Terrence and reached up towards him, attempting in vain to grab... something. Terrence wasn't sure what Henry wanted. He moved his right hand to hold Henry's little hand. Henry grabbed Terrence's finger and giggled. Terrence smiled. "Look Randy! He's holding my hand!" Terrence felt slightly less nervous. Henry pulled Terrence's hand towards his mouth, apparently trying to eat his finger. Randy chuckled and kissed Terrence on the cheek. "See? You're not hurting him. He loves you."

"He's so... precious." Terrence's voice cracked, he was crying. "Terrence?" Randy asked, a little bit concerned. "Sorry I just... I never thought I'd settle down like this. I mean, I failed the Toppats, and I barely fit into society nowadays. I'm practically a failure in every sense of the word, yet somehow I ended up here, with a husband and a baby. I don't know what I did to deserve something so amazing, but I am so happy I'm here."

Randy cupped Terrence's cheek and brought him into a kiss. Terrence kissed back, just enjoying his time with his family. The two of them eventually pulled away due to the unfortunate need for air.

"I think Henry's hungry." Terrence said with a chuckle. "He's been trying to eat my finger for a few minutes now."

Randy giggled. "I'll get the baby formula."

Terrence gently pulled his finger out of Henry's mouth. Henry, being the literal infant he was, reached for Terrence's hand again, and whimpered when he couldn't reach it. "Ah.. Ah!" Henry cooed, Terrence lifted Henry up a bit, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "I know, I know, just wait a bit Henry. Randy's getting you something to eat." As if in cue, Randy walked in with a baby bottle in hand. He handed it to Terrence, who then used it to feed Henry. Randy again sat next to him, leaning his head on Terrence's shoulder, watching the infant feed. "You're gonna be a good dad, Terrence. I'm sure of it. Just look at how far you've come already." Randy said fondly. Terrence leaned his head on Randy's, letting out a content sigh.

"Thanks Randy, I'll try my best.... I love you." Randy wrapped his arm around Terrence. "I love you too."