Better (SuaveSir Oneshot)

Terrence cursed under his breath, being Reynoldo's right hand man wasn't as enjoyable as people think it would be. He knew he messed up, that's why he wasn't the chief anymore, but could people stop bringing it up!? It's been almost a year. Reynaldo overthrew him and became chief, but kept Terrence as his second in command instead of killing him, much to the dismay of the clan. Terrence couldn't go anywhere without people glaring at him. 

   Terrence wrapped a scarf around his neck before leaving Reynaldo's office, a new routine he developed after a few disagreements with his new chief. Reynaldo was a fierce leader, and from afar he seemed like exactly what the clan needed. Up close though… Terrence sighed. As he walked the halls of the airship, he pulled his hat down to cover his face. He just needed some time without the constant animosity around him. It seemed like everyone was out to get him. Except one. Despite everything, there was one person who still cared about him. Wilford, or rather Sir Wilford IV. He was still caring towards Terrence. He could be tough, but he was a different kind of tough than Reynaldo was. Wilford cared. 

 Terrence kept his eyes to the floor and his hat over his face until he got to his room. Terrence made his way to the mirror above his dresser, he was about to take his hat off when he heard a knock on his door. "Whaddya want!?" Terrence barked. "Easy Ter, it's just me." Terrence sighed, a little bit relieved by Wilford's voice. Terrence kept his back towards the door and his hat over his face. He took a few deep breaths, he needed to calm down. "Door's not locked." Terrence stated, Wilford entered the room and closed the door behind him. "I heard Rey gave ya sh*t today about something or other." Wilford approached Terrence, wrapping one arm around him. "Yeah.." Terrence replied, removing his hat to reveal the black eye Rey gave him. "... Same sh*t as always." Terrence replied dryly. He was used to this at this point. Wilford gently tugged at Terrence's scarf, until he could see the bruises wrapped around his neck. Wilford felt a pang in his heart upon seeing the red and purple marks, this had been happening quite a bit lately. It worried him that Rey almost always seemed to go for Terry's neck. Reynaldo was a good strategist for the clan, but he had severe anger issues and he used Terrence as a way to let that anger out. "How 'bout I get ya some ice for that shiner ya got there?" Terrence shrugged. "Do what you want, it's not gonna make it disappear right away." Wilford wrapped both his arms around Terrence. "Yer right, but a little relief won't hurt ya." Wilford spoke quietly. Terrence remained silent, Wilford decided to get that ice for him. Wilford held the cold bag up to Terrence's neck, it needed the ice more than the black eye did. Terrence let out a sigh of relief. Wilf was right, it did help. "C'mere, you should sit down." Wilford gently pulled him towards the bed, Terrence made no effort to resist. 

The two of them stayed like this for a while. Occasionally Wilford moved the ice pack to different parts of Terrence's neck. Terrence leaned on Wilford's shoulder, and let out a sigh. "Wilf… I really appreciate you doin' this for me…but…" Terrence trailed off, his eyes started to well up a bit, his vision getting blurry. He didn't want to say it. God how he didn't. "I.. Don't think I should stay.. In the clan." Terrence's chest felt tight. He didn't want to leave, but he wasn't safe. His days were numbered and he knew it. "You're the only good thing I've got in my life right now, but I can't keep staying here if I know that it's only a matter of time before I get killed by Reynaldo or some other Toppat who hates me. You're the only one who doesn't seem to want to put a bullet in my head." Terrence did his best to hold back his tears, but his efforts were in vain. The salty drops of emotion escaped his eyes despite his efforts to contain them. Wilford hugged Terrence tightly. He knew Terrence was right. The clan had turned on him, and made him miserable. All that said, he didn't want to lose Terrence. He loved him. "Where would ya go?" "I had a little house before I was part of the clan, I guess I'll just go there. I think it’s the best option for me.” Wilford took a deep breath.