Double Agent Dave 2 (Possibility A)

Henry searched the streets for hours. He couldn't find Dave. He checked Dave's house, his work, his favorite grocery store, but he wasn't there. He was tempted to call the police, but if he did, he could get thrown into jail again. That would just make things worse. He had been searching all day, and now it was already dark outside, stars and everything.

Henry let out a frustrated sigh as he continued to walk. A feeling of dread gripped his chest, like it had grabbed his heart and squeezed it. Where could Dave have gone? Henry didn't even know if he was okay! What if he was hurt!? Or worse. Dead. Henry tried in vain to shake those thoughts away. He didn't want to consider that possibility. Henry reached a corner on the sidewalk. A lamp post illuminated the path for him. He approached it, and leaned his body against it. His legs were so tired from all the walking and running he had done. They were sore, screaming at him to stop moving, to just sit down and not use them anymore. But he couldn't rest just yet! Dave could be in danger! He didn't have time to sit down. Henry continued to walk, his pace a bit slower than before, but he walked none the less. 

Henry was about to cross the street when he heard something. Footsteps. Behind him. He tried to brush it off. It's not like other people didn't have places to be, it could just be some random person doing something that had nothing to do with him. But the nerves wouldn't ease. Henry picked up his pace, the footsteps behind him did too. Was he being followed? He decided to test it out. He started taking turns on the street until he made a big circle. The footsteps took every turn he did. He WAS being followed. Henry, not sure what else to do, just booked it. Running, taking random paths, using routes that had obstacles to make his pursuer slow down. They were agile, he'll give them that. Despite his efforts, he was caught. They grabbed him from behind, and covered his mouth with a cloth of some sort. Henry knew what was going on, but it was too late. He slipped into unconsciousness, and fell limp.

Henry woke up abruptly, two men stood in front of him. They were both in what appeared to be military uniforms. One of them seemed very familiar, the other wasn't someone Henry recognized. He was older, and had a grey beard and mustache. "Well well, look who finally decided to wake up. You've been quite illusive, but your skills make you worth the catch." The older one said. Henry was worried, but curious too. They wanted him alive, which was good. They proceeded to show Henry his criminal record. "I don't think I need to remind you that we have a lot of charges against you." Henry knew what this was. Blackmail. Great. What did they want from him? "We've been having some troubles with a group known as the Toppat Clan. We know they're guilty, we just need some evidence to pin them to their crimes. Help us, and we'll drop all charges against you." Ah. There it is. Henry didn't really want to do this, but did he have a choice? Henry thought about it more. He could probably be more helpful to Dave if he didn't have a criminal record…

Fine. He'd do it. 

He listened to the captain for more details, then he was basically on his own, with the exception of the pilot Charles. Now he just had to choose how he was gonna get onto the giant red airship. The grapple gun seemed like a good option. He hit his head on the ship, the grapple was faster than he anticipated. But he made it, so it was fine. Henry waited a bit, surely someone would open the door. He had to wait a while but he was right, someone did eventually open the door. Henry slipped through the doorway, locking it behind him. Once he was inside, he observed his surroundings, finding a large computer, a vent and what appeared to be an elevator..? Henry glanced at the desk below the computer, there was something shiny on it. A key. Henry pocketed it. Who knows when a key could be useful in unknown territory? 

Henry chose to use the vent, he was less likely to be spotted in there. As he leaned in, he realized that it had some sort of vacuum effect, and he was pulled into the vent. As he continued moving (or rather, being moved) he looked out through a window on his right. There was a giant ruby. He smiled. He was definitely grabbing that on his way out. Just as quickly as he saw it, he was thrown out of the vent onto a metal platform. He saw a sign across from him that read "vault" and "cells". There was one problem though, his path to the vault was blocked by a large gap between the platforms. There wasn't a bridge or anything. What could he do? He thought about his options. He decided to take a leap of faith, he partially expected it to backfire. To his surprise, the airship jerked back a bit, allowing him to make it. He hit his head on the wall and fell onto the platform. The ship's intercom turned on, a voice apologized for the sudden motions, saying something about avoiding a flock of ducks. Henry continued through the door, reaching a hallway-like room, the walls lined with prison cells. "Hey uh.. Think you could let me out of here?" A familiar voice asked timidly. Henry looked towards the voice. "Dave!" Henry happily called. This is where he was? Henry suddenly felt grateful the government captured him. How else could he have known Dave was here if they hadn't? He pushed those thoughts aside, he could think about that later, right now Dave needed him. Henry pulled out the key he found earlier, would it work? He pushed the key into the lock and turned it. He heard a click, then the door opened.