Chapter 12:So in Love

Adam’s POV.

            Brielle feel asleep on the plane with her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm tightly around her. After all those years of her facing the world on her own it was my turn to protect her and take care of her. It didn’t matter what anyone else thought about that because after we were finished with tour I was taking Brielle back to Owatonna with me and I wasn’t letting her out of my sight. I loved her far too much to ever lose her again.

            “I love you my darling Brielle,” I whispered as I gently kissed her forehead.

            I let my thoughts stray to everything that happened before. From the scared little girl who ended up in my back yard, to the girl I had almost run over, to the girl in my arms now, and every single moment in-between. Before I would’ve never guessed that I’d end up here in this moment; so happy, so in love. I never wanted to  let this moment go, I would never let any harm come to Brielle again. No matter what I’d see to it that she stayed safe and was well looked after. I wouldn’t let any harm come to her.

David's POV.

            “Adam are you sure about this?” I question as I talked to Adam on the phone.

            “Completely; I love her and I’ve known her for most of my life.” Adam responded.

            “I know, I know but are you absolutely sure that you’re ready for this?” I asked again.

            “I’m as sure as I’ve ever been about anything David “ Adam exclaimed excitedly. “She’s my Cinderella. “

            “Well good for you then.” I smiled “but have you talked to your parents about this yet?”

            “Not yet but don’t worry David I will. I’m gonna call them in a few hours and tell them all about it!” Adam explained.

            “Alright good, good for you. You know I’m really happy for you Adam. I almost thought this day would never come,” I stated.

            “I know but here we are… it’s happened. It’s finally happen.” The happiness in Adam’s tone was evident.

            “Alright, well I’ll see you both when you arrive.” I stated ending the phone call.

            I smiled to myself as I hung up the phone. Selena knocked softly on my door.

            “Come in!” I called.

            “Hey!” Selena smiled as she sat down on my bed next to me. “I couldn’t help but overhear. Was that Adam? What was that all about?”

            “Yeah it was Adam.” I responded slowly.

            “Well what was it all about?” She giggled lightly as she looked into my eyes.

            “You know I’ve never seen him so in love with someone, so extremely happy,” I shook my head. “Brielle makes him happy.”

            Selena paused waiting to me to continue.

            “I mean they’ve been friends for so long. I guess it seems as if it was bound to happen sometime, but it’s just amazing.” I grinned.

            “What? What was bound to happen?” Selena asked a hint of curiosity in her voice.

            “Adam’s gonna propose to her. When we’re in Ireland,” I whispered in excitement.

            “What?!?!” Selena exclaimed. “But that’s at the end of the month.”

            “I know it’s amazing isn’t it! I’ve never seen Adam so sure about something before.” I smiled and looked back at Selena “They are going to be so happy together.”

            Selena stared into my eyes.

            “But are they really ready for this? “ She asked softly.

            “I think they are.” I responded “I mean if that’s want they want then I fully support them. They’re perfect for each other.”

            Selena was silent as she leaned in closer to me and pressed her lips against mine.

Selena’s POV.

I kiss him. I kiss David. Was it because I liked him? No not really. It was more of a game. I play David maybe I could keep Adam from marrying her…. Maybe… just maybe.. and no it was not because I was jealous that Adam had actually found true love. That Adam had found something real, something that would or could last a life time. No. That wasn’t what was happening. Adam just thought he was in love with this Brielle and I would be the one to stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. Me, then he would thank me for saving him from his own foolishness. I pulled away from David.

            “Well umm… I should probably get some sleep…” I stammered “Goodnight Daniel.”

            “Umm… Goodnight…” Daniel murmured in a daze.

            I smirked as I walk out of the room. This would be a piece of cake.