Chapter 7: Owatonna

Chapter 7: Owatonna.                              

                 It had been almost a month since Adam had found me again when we finally got back to the sleepy little town of Owatonna. . I was sleepy, but still not sleeping, hungry but still not eating very much, and lonely but still not trusting anyone completely. Not even Adam. Anyway when we got to Adam’s house I didn’t even wait for him to show me around. I just collapsed on the couch, closed my eyes and pretended to fall asleep, although even though I really wanted to I was having trouble falling asleep. The next day I woke up early with a start, to no one’s surprise Adam was already up too. It had been almost a month since Adam had “found” me (I call almost hitting me but oh well) and I still had problems trusting him and/or anyone else.

                “Hey sleepy girl.” Adam smiled sweetly as I sat up “So today we’re going to go see my parents!”

                “Why we? I mean they’re your parents. So therefore they’re only interested in seeing you.” I yawned crankily.

                 “Nope… that’s not true… if you were anyone else that might be the case… but you’re Brielle, and Brielle is defiantly someone that not only are they interested in seeing but also they’d love to see.” Adam explained.

                “No. besides I look like a bum, and it’s because I am one,” I mumbled back grumpily.

                I still was uncomfortable talking to people although I was getting more used to Adam and his friends.

                “Just wear my hoodie. You’ll be fine.” Adam smiled reassuringly as he tossed me the hair bush Breanne had given to me to use.

                I bushed my soft light blonde hair that was now back to its original soft fluffy curliness. Then I slipped on Adam hoodie, and my own old shoes. Adam looked down at my feet and frowned.

                “You can not keep wearing those.” Adam told me sternly.

                “Yeah well I have no money to buy any new ones,” I snapped back as Adam opened his mouth to say something. “And no you can not buy me any. You can’t keep giving me things, buying me clothes and letting me stay with you. I’m a big girl I can take care of myself.”

                “Ok if you say so… but that doesn’t mean I’m ever gonna leave you alone,” Adam shot back in a seemingly playful tone but I knew that he was dead serious. “Now let’s go see my parents. They’ll be so happy to see us.”

                Adam lead the way happily out to his car and drove us to his parent’s house. I wanted to cry as I took in all the familiar sights that I had once taken in daily, but I held the tears inside of me for fear that once I started crying I wouldn’t be able to stop. Adam pulled into the driveway but insisted on taking the back entrance and led me around to the backyard.

                “Alright, you wait right here for just minute ok? I want them to be surprised and I wanna announce you. Kay?” Adam asked sweetly as we stood by his back door, the chilly and getting colder as the days went along fall breeze.

                I just nodded slowly as Adam flashed me a grin and ran excitedly into the house. I took a deep breath as I stood there listening trying to prepare myself to walk in there soon.

                “Hey Mom I’m back!” I could hear Adam gush excitedly from inside.

                “Adam! It’s so good to see you again,” Adam’s mom exclaimed in her sweet gently voice “So how has your tour been going so far?”