• Chapter 19 •

There I was standing over a defenceless Jim with a sword in each hand and my foot on his chest, making sure he couldn't get up. One arm holding Jim's sword, hanging down by side while the other grasping my own sword, pointing directly at Jim's face.

"Not so swift this time are we Jim?" I smirked at him.

"You got me (Y/n)." He said carefully raising his hands in defeat.

I chuckled slightly at him before swinging my sword around and attaching it back into my belt. I threw Jim's sword aside. I took my foot off of him, stepped back and held out my hand for him. He took hold of it and didn't even pull himself up. He pulled me down.

"You should've learned from last time, clumsy cutie." He made sure to put extra emphasis on the nickname that still embarrassed me to this day.

"Really Jim? Little but childish pulling me down like that no?" I laughed.

"I don't think it's so bad." He smirked.

"Woah, i'm sorry am I interrupting something." My eyes widened at the voice of Tom who had just spotted Jim and I.

I rolled over and sat on the ground next to Jim who clearly noticed my embarrassment. "Just practicing our sword fighting." he said plainly, standing up and brushing the dust off his pants.

He then turned and held out his hand to help me up. It would've been the perfect moment to get some revenge but I did not want any more awkwardness.

"Thanks." I said as I took his hand and stood up.

Tom didn't seem to believe that we were sword fighting, despite the fact that he literally saw us learning with Silver a while ago.

"Heh ok. I was just looking for you guys. Dinners ready down in the galley, if you want to come down and get something. I noticed you haven't really eaten anything today so, I decided to let you know." Tom explained, addressing both of us by saying 'you guys' but it seemed as though he was only talking to me.

"Yeah sure I could definitely eat, Jim how bout you?" I asked looking at him.

"Sure." He shrugged.

"Great!" Tom cleared his throat. "Uh let's go."

We began to walk down towards the galley. "So what's for dinner?" I asked just to fill the awkward silence.

"Actually, I don't even know." Tom laughed.

"Weird." Jim muttered.

"Aren't you the cabin boy? You would've had to help make dinner, but you don't even know what it is?" I laughed.

"Yeah well I didn't really help that much, just cleaning stuff. I'm a terrible cook." He smiled sheepishly. Jim had been quite quiet which was sort of weird, but nice because I did want him to try his best and be civil with Tom. "Are you any good at cooking (Y/n)?" Tom asked.

I let a quick laugh go and said, "Me?! Nope, not at all. But Jim on the other hand, that's a whole different story." I brought Jim into the conversation, so they'd hopefully talk to each other a bit. "Jim is an amazing cook," I started, putting a rather proud expression on Jim's face, "when he's not being lazy." I continued, making his face drop a little.

"Hey! That's not true." Jim said punching me playfully.

"Mhm." I laughed, causing him to just smile at me. "I'd say he got it from his mum, she owns a restaurant- well it's and Inn, but still." I said turning to Tom once again.