• Chapter 5 •

B.E.N and Jim agreed with my plan, though Jim was reluctant. No surprise there. Jim and I crept down the stairs to the galley and opened the door slightly, peering in. I was right, the boy was washing the dishes.

"I remember when that was our job, you fell asleep on top on me one time." Jim whispered and chuckled.

I blushed slightly, "Come on." I ignored his comment.

The two of us ran in, grabbed him and carried him up the stairs to the supply closet. It was difficult, he was trying his hardest to free himself from our grasp. Jim had his hand over his mouth, so no one would hear him shouting. We sat him down beside us, with Jim still covering his mouth.

"Please just be quiet." Jim pleaded.

"Yeah please, we can explain and may be able to help you out." I added. He relaxed a little and Jim slowly took his hand away from the boys face.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?" He spat.

"I'm Jim, this is (Y/n), B.E.N. and Morph." Jim introduced.

"And you are?" B.E.N. asked.

"Hm, the name's Tom." He put his hand towards me, smiling.

"Nice to meet you Tom." I took his hand and shook it.

Jim put his hand out for Tom to shake but Tom just looked at it then back at me. "So what do you want from me, princess?" He asked smugly.

I felt my cheeks dust pink, and saw Jim glaring at Tom. "We need your help. We need to know what you are the rest of the pirates want with The Centurion." I said, ignoring the princess comment.

"What do I get in return, a date maybe?" Tom asked, with a cheesy grin.

"W-what?!" I asked feeling quite uncomfortable. I could feel Jim's growing anger.

"Oh come on princess just one?" He asked again.

I grew even more uncomfortable and Jim apparently more angry. "Listen buddy! That's my girlfriend. Hit on her again and we'll have a problem." Jim said in a stern voice, grabbing Tom's collar. "So are you going to help us or not?" Jim said, looking quite intimidating.

"Ok, Jeez." Tom said, fixing his top as Jim let go. "I'll help you, but I obviously want something in return." He smirked at me slyly. I just rolled my eyes.

"If you give us the information we want and don't tell anyone that we're still on this ship, then we will let you come back with us. You could have a better life than that of a pirate." I explained.

"Seriously?! Yeah i'm gonna have to pass on the offer." Tom scoffed.

I really did not want to have to empathise with this obnoxious guy but it's the best chance we have of getting the The Centurion back. If we didn't know what they wanted it for then we'd have no idea where they were going with it.

"Listen Tom, I know you're just saying that. I saw the guy, uh...Growler! was it?, picking on you. He said that your only here because of someone else, and that you don't have the right to speak. I'm not being terrible but you're clearly not liked or treated well around here. I know how you feel, i'm in the interstellar academy and people think that the only reason i'm there and doing well is because my Aunt is the dean. People pretty much hate me for it, barely anyone even talks to me at the academy anymore. I can't just pack up and leave the academy, it takes too much to get there. You have a better chance though, if you come with us after, who knows what kind of life you'll live." I spoke genuinely, in hopes of changing this guys mind.

I could see Jim looking at me with a sorry expression, but I just ignored it for now. B.E.N. was staring at Tom in anticipation.

"Hm." Tom said, as he thought for a moment, his expression softening.

"Are you going to tell us or not, because i'd much prefer you tell us?" B.E.N. said growing impatient.

"Alright. I don't know much but what I think that Ironbeard wanted The Cenurion to get to somewhere called uh....It started with a B, B-b-b-b-" Tom said trying to remember.

"Banana!" I shouted. Jim looked at me raising an eyebrow, "Hey I'm just trying to lighten the mood, it's been a bit of a heavy day?"

"Wait that's it, Day...Bay!" Tom exclaimed.

"Bay?" Jim asked.

"Yeah, Bay! Botany Bay prison asteroid. They're planning on letting all the prisoners free." Tom explained.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"We definitely have to do something now!" Jim said.

"We were going to have to do something anyway." I stated. "but I suppose you're right, we definitely have to now, we can't let Ironbeard get away on the fastest ship in the galaxy filled with criminals." I continued.

"Yeah" Jim sighed. "How do we know you're not gonna rat us out Tom?" Jim glared at him.

"Well your just going to have to trust me. I mean I don't plan on snitching, if you're dead then I don't have any way out of here." Tom replied.

We had to let Tom back out of the supply closet because if someone noticed he was gone then the pirates would grow suspicious.

"Bye, princess." Tom smiled at me, then he glanced at an irritated looking Jim.

"Get outta here Tom." I scoffed.

It was getting quite late and we still had to figure out how in the world we were going to steal this ship back. The navy would obviously be coming after the ship, but chasing the fastest ship in the galaxy was just not going to work at all.

"Guys i'm not going to lie, I am so tired, do you think we could sleep and come up with something in the morning?" I asked.

"Yeah we can, but me and you need to try and hide ourselves. If someone comes in then they'll see us straight away. B.E.N. you'll be fine since they know you're here." Jim told us.

"Ooh good thinking Jimmy. You could hide behind those uniforms and coats." B.E.N. said.

B.E.N. told us that he was fine with staying in the main part of the supply closet. Jim and I slipped behind the uniforms and coats and I laid back against the wall. It wasn't a huge space so we were quite close.

"This is so uncomfortable." I huffed, twisting and turning.