• Chapter 32 •

"(Y/n)!" Jim's voice came from behind me.

"Little busy right now James." I called back, while in the process of hitting a guy over the head with a mop bucket.

"I think some of them are headed for the control centre. We can't let them get there." He replied.

"You can't follow them yourself." I pulled his arm as he was about to run after them. "You'll get yourself killed."

"You go with him (Y/n). I have these guys under control." B.E.N. chimed in, simultaneously getting thrown at wall.

We really did need to go after them. If they let the prisoners out we were surely done for. I finally agreed and Jim and I started running. There was only three of them but still it'd be hard to stop them with just the two of us. One thing I actually noticed was a familiar face amongst them, Tom. I turned back to glance at everyone fighting on the ship. I must've been so caught up in everything because when I looked back I noticed there were some of Silvers men that I was able to recognise up there too. Not a sign of Silver himself though.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts as we arrived at the entrance. The control centre was a tower built onto the building but the only way to it was through the prison itself. A dangerous feat even with the prisoners locked up. Jim looked at me and we both nodded our heads as if to say we were ready.

We began to run through the halls and as we turned one of the corners the men we were chasing were in sight again. The whole place looked the same. Big double doors. Hallway. Big double doors again. Another hallway. Jim and I seemed to be etching closer. We were definitely faster than them but they got way ahead of us at first so we were still catching up.

Then this next room was different. It was filled with prison cells, the ceiling was extremely high. There was floors and floors of cells visible all the way up to the top. There was all types of prison cells big and small, padded and air tight. All to suit the type of prisoner. A small few of the cells looked like normal prison cells. I suppose they'd be for the least high risk prisoners. There was nothing they could do to hurt us now but if they were let out we'd have a big big problem. The prisoners were all yelling as they saw us sprinting by them.

We were passing one of the ordinary prison cells and before I could do anything the prisoner inside stuck his foot out through the bars. Real original. It worked nonetheless. I fell flat on my face, pretty hard too. The ground was a sort of concrete, so my face wasn't looking too good. I could feel my nose beginning to bleed. I wiped the most I could away with my sleeve. That's when Jim noticed and turned back and began rushed over to me.

"No keep going! I'm fine. We'll lose them otherwise." I shouted.

He reluctantly turned back around and continued the chase. I looked into the cell and the prisoner was sat on his bed whistling and pretending like nothing happened.

"Wow, very comical." I sarcastically spat.

A cheshire like grin spread across his feline face and he began to cackle. It took me a minute or two to regain my balance and to cease being dizzy but once I did, I pulled myself off the ground and continued after Jim.

。。。

"Jim?" I stopped in my tracks, completely out of breath.

"Oh hi" He turned to face me.

"What're you doing we need to get in there and stop them?" I quickly grabbed the handle of the door to the control room but Jim pulled my arm away.

"It's fine. They're gone. I handled it." He smiled. There was something off about it though. His smile usually makes my heart flutter in a way I can't explain but this time it was unsettling.

"What do you mean they're gone? I would've seen them pass me by. What is wrong with you right now? Get out of the way." I tried to push him aside. He wouldn't budge. "I said get out of the way!". I pushed again, with a bit more force. I didn't know why he was acting so strange but there was no time to figure out right now. As I kept trying to get through something snapped in him, he grabbed me and pinned me against the wall.

"I said, I handled it." He said through gritted teeth.

"What're you doing?" I said searching his expression for an answer.

That's when I heard a muffled scream from inside the control rooms. It somehow almost sounded like James but James was here in front of me. It finally clicked in my brain. This was not my James. The person in front of me knew I had copped on to what was going on. They're eyes faltered and I saw the eyes of a lizard like creature. A Shapeshifter. I should've known the second I felt weird vibe.

"Get away from me, you weird overgrown morph!" I said as I kicked the shapeshifter straight into the stomach.

I barged my way into the control room leaving the shapeshifter injured on the ground and inside was the two others we were chasing, Tom and a large person with the horns of a bull,  along with the actual James. He looked pretty bloodied up and helpless. The bull looking man was holding Jim up with one hand and Tom looked like he was trying to figure out how to open the cells. There was tons of controls, levers and buttons.

"Stop!" I screamed. "Don't press any buttons Tom" I said with my sword clenched in my hands. "And put him down you big monster." I direct toward the man holding a very injured Jim who was still struggling to get out of his grip nonetheless.

"We'll it seems to me you have a choice little miss. You could stop pretty boy over there or you can save your boyfriend." The man said holding a knife up to Jim's throat.

"Don't listen to him (Y/n)! Go stop Tom! I'm alright." Jim managed to choke out. 

I was stood in the middle of the room. Tom at one side and Jim at the other. I couldn't just leave Jim but we can't have all those crazy dangerous prisoners loose in the galaxy. It would be catastrophic but my heart still urges me toward Jim. I looked between Jim and Tom continuously. I was going to have to make a choice.