• Chapter 3 •

Amelia said it would be a quick job but it really wasn't. We were finishing up when suddenly we all heard something. It couldn't have been students because everyone was gone at that stage.

Jim and I looked at each other in confusion, we both glanced over at B.E.N. but he looked just as confused as we did.

"What in the world was that?!" B.E.N. said, quite loudly.

"B.E.N. shhh!" I yelled over at him.

"You're both being very loud...shh." Jim said putting his finger to his lips.

We were looking around, trying to figure out where the noise was coming from. I decided that I would check down in the galley, just incase someone left something on. Jim followed after me, probably because apparently I can't do anything right anymore.

B.E.N. stayed up on the deck whilst we checked it out. I was looking around, but the sounds got much louder, there was definitely someone else on the ship at that stage.

"(Y/n), come here." Jim whispered over to me. He was standing on a table looking up through one of the vents on the ceiling of the galley.

"What are you doing?" I asked, because he was, you know, standing on the table.

"Shhh, just come here." He waved me over.

I sighed, stood up beside him and looked out the vent onto the deck. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was the infamous pirate, along with his crew. It was Ironbeard. He was an extremely feared man, and as much as I hate to say it, he's an amazing pirate. Good at what he does, I mean.

He stood with his face covered by a blue scarf. I was only able to see his blue glowing eyes. Ironbeard looked quite tall, and overall just big or menacing. "Look at what we have here." His voice was, deep and robotic. He pointed his sword towards B.E.N.

"(Y/n), we have to do something!" Jim said turning around.

I grabbed his arm, "Jim are you crazy?!" I whisper shouted. "Do you realise who those guys are?" I asked.

"Yeah and?...I can take em." He replied.

"Don't be stupid." I gave him a pleading look.

He sighed and turned back around, we looked out the vent again.

"Looks like the captain of this here ship to me boss." One of the smaller guys hissed.

"More like an over-compensated navigational robot." Ironbeard said in his monotone voice.

B.E.N. looked terrified but there was no way we could just burst up there, then we'd all be dead within seconds. There was nothing we could do.

"Now now, fellas. You s-seem like reasonable people. Maybe we could-" B.E.N. said, his voice shaky as he backed away from the band of pirates.

"Just tie him up! He'll do well as a hostage, when they try to take this ship back." Ironbeard ordered.

"Where should I put him?" one of the pirates asked as he tied B.E.N.'s hands behind his back.

"I don't care. Just get the robot out of my sight!" Ironbeard said, his voice demanding.

The pirate that was holding B.E.N. looked around at the others, confused.

"Just throw him in the supply closet!" A gravelly voice said, it was another of the pirates, he looked like the same species as Dr. Doppler, just a little different. His face was more scrunched up.

The pirate holding B.E.N., walked off with him and shoved him into the supply closet.

Jim hopped down from the table and I followed after him, he sat down on the bench thinking.

"Jim." I said as I walked over to the other door that lead to the supply closet.

"Not now (Y/n). I'm trying to think of a plan." He said as he was looking down at his feet.

"Hm. Fine so." I opened the door, and began walking up the stairs to the supply closet. It was called a supply closet but on a ship this big, it was more like a big room.

As I opened the door and walked through, Jim looked up. "Oh." He said awkwardly, he walked over and began walking up the stairs behind me. He closed the door behind him.

"Yeah Jim. I'm not completely dumb. Surprise." I said sarcastically.

"(Y/n), I didn't even say that-" Jim said but was interrupted by B.E.N.

"Oh my goodness, Jimmy, (Y/n). I thought you left." B.E.N. said clearly relieved to see us. "Ironbeard and his pirates are here and they tied me up. They're taking this ship. We have to do something, of course we're going to have to think fast because-"

"Yes B.E.N. we know." Jim cut B.E.N. off before he could go on rambling.

"Oh good, so what's the plan?" B.E.N. asked.

"Uhhh" I said as Jim and I both looked at each other.

"I'll think of something." Jim said confidently.

"Don't you mean we'll think of something?" I asked.

"Don't get me wrong now (Y/n) but I was usually the one to come up with the plans." Jim said, even thought he was right I wasn't going to let this go.

"Mm he has a point" B.E.N. chimed in.

"Just because you usually came up with the plans, doesn't mean that no one else can come up with a plan." I retorted.

"Mm she also has a point." B.E.N. chimed in once more.

All of a sudden we could feel the ship begin to move.

"Lovely. Now what are we going to do?!" I said.

They had already begun to fly the ship away from the dock. We'd be far away from the Academy within seconds. There was no doubt that Amelia would have someone after the ship in no time. I mean it is one of a kind, and not a great thing to have in the hands of any pirates, let alone Ironbeard.

The only problem is, that The Centurion is the fastest ship in the galaxy, so catching it and stealing it back was going to be no easy task.