Chapter 7 The Painful Truth

Adam quickly moved to retrieve the three horses and I quickly moved to retrieve my hair clip, lifting the hem of my gown so I did not dirty it. "Hurry, Ameila," Adam called out. I ran over to him as he was digging in his bag and standing near the stone wall's oversized stone door.

"How are we going to get in," I asked.

"With this." And then he pulled out this bulky metal shooter with a hook lodged inside the end with a hole.

"What is it?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and muttered something that sounded like "Princesses".

"It's a grappling hook gun. You use it to reach high places like this wall."

I looked from him to the "gun" and back again, "Oh."

"Once the door is open you need to take the horses inside tie them off securely and wait for me. And don't forget to cover yourself." I was about to ask him another question but he took off in the other direction and all I could hear was the loud pop of something being shot off into god knows where and then an audible click. Suddenly, the big stone door slowly opened up and I was allowed entrance beyond the castle walls. I knew exactly where to take the horses where they would never be found and could enjoy a nice horse meal. I forcifully thrust the hood onto my head, fore it was a busy day like always this day. Except today would be the celebration of the day that witch Andromeda was born. I will most definitely take pleasure in ruining the day that people come from all over the royal world to marvel at her aging beauty. Even Blake, Queen Anabelle, and their subjects will be here shortly.

I stayed close to the stone walls, keeping my back to it so as not to be surprised by anything or anyone. Eventually, I made it to the garden; I saw no one there at all. At the very far back there was a locked wooden door; it was hidden by overgrown weeds. I took the horses to that door and with the necklace, that had a pendant as well as a skeleton key on it, I opened that locked wooden door and before I entered I scanned the world behind me to make sure I weren't being watched or followed. I found nothing to be worried about so I moved into the space behind the now unlocked wooden door. Everywhere I looked there was an overhaul of grass and weeds. My mother was planning on having her tea parties out here. She hated being inside the castle; it was nowhere near as peaceful and as beautiful as having tea outside. It would be a lovely place to drink tea; my mother was right about that. It made me sad being here, because it made me think of her. I wiped the tear from my eye and pulled the horses farther into the space there was no way they could escape; it was like a large play box with no roof. I locked them in and went to go find Adam.

I couldn't find him. I looked as far as my legs would carry me; I even looked back at the stone door, but there were two guards there and the door was closed. I didn't know what else to do so I followed behind a group of freaks (no doubt they were the entertainment) and kept my head down because there were guards at the castle entrance.

"You imbecile!" I heard an angry voice that sounded a lot like my fathers. I quickly found darkness and watched on in the shadows. It looked like a servant had gotten the order mixed up; I smirked and began to move to the staircase when something or rather someone caught my eye. It was Art; I could tell by his little red sash around his left hand. They had caught him, but I couldn't help him without exposing myself. So I waited to see what his verdict would be and it looked like they were taking him to the dungeon. The only way to get into the dungeon was near the castle stairwell, so I followed and made sure I was in the darkest of places. I made it to the dungeon, but there were guards at the end of the tunnel and they would see me coming before I saw them. Suddenly, I heard shouts and fists hitting their target; at least that's what it sounded like. I moved closer being as cautious as I could. And there was Adam fighting off four guards. He wasn't doing too bad but I could see that he wouldn't last long. So I picked up a helmet off the ground and konked one of the guards in the head with it; pretty hard if you ask me. He went down harder than a sack of potatoes. Then I hit another and Adam regained his composure and attacked with a vengence and he finished the last two off himself. He turned to me, "Thanks." I nodded to him and walked over the bodies. "Wait. We have to dispose of them," he said. I spun around with an incredulous look about my face. "No way! I am not carrying them. Do you not know my rank? I am a princess; I do not carry unconscience bodies!" I told him aloud. "All right, all right. Just go get my brother and we will handle this." I spun back around with my nose in the air and opened the iron wrought door. I was just about to go in when Adam asked, "How did you do that; I didn't see you pick up a key?" I turned around and showed him my skeleton key, "This is a skeleton key; it opens up every door locked or otherwise in the castle. But regardless you should take away the guards' keys so they cannot free themselves." "Right," I heard him say as I searched for Art. I found him in the third cell to the left and quickly freed him. He apparently didn't hear the door opening. "Art. This is a rescue and you just sitting there kind of ruins the whole concept." He turned around and looked at me. As he looked at my face; he smiled sadly. He said, "I know who your queen is having an affair with." I looked at him without even blinking, "Who? Who is it?"