Chapter 3 Blake

When I opened my eyes I was lying on a bed. It was so very comfortable that I thought for a moment I was lying on my bed back at the kingdom. But then I sat up a bit too quickly and doubled over at the pain in my ribs... "I wouldn't do that if I were you." A voice. A deep voice. Who could it belong to? I looked up to see a boy a little more older than me. Quite lovely features, crimson blue-green eyes, a hard muscular jaw the kind that seemed impossible to break. He had alluring golden brown curls that framed his perfect face. I found it quite hard to turn my eyes away from him. But his body was of the most captiving. Hard, lean muscles rippled beneath his shirt, as if he were carved from stone. His big hands were bloody in fact all of him was. I hoped to the high heavens that it wasn't his.

"Who are you," I asked quite breathless. He didn't look up from cleaning his hands of the blood, "Blake."

"Where am I?" I asked

"Kaaden Falls."

He really wasn't one for conversation.

"How did I--"

"You are injured you should not speak. To me especially."

"I beg your pardon--"

"No princess, the pardon is all mine."

My breath caught as he stood to walk out of the room. How did he know? How could he know? I never let on that I was the beautiful Princess Amelia of the Arcadian kingdom. How could he know?

"You must forgive him, my brother is not one of manners, my lady."

"Do not call me that!" my voice came out in a more harsher tone than I had intended.

In a calmer tone I stated, "I am sorry. My name is Amelia. You may call me Amelia."

"I am Mary, Amelia. Is there anything with which I can get for you."

"No I'm fine. Did Blake save me?"

"Yes."

"But how is it that you know of my true existence."

"My family and I have ventured to your kingdom before..." She hesitated, not looking me in my eyes anymore, "on a matter of important business."

It was three days later when I finally convinced Mary that I was well enough to walk around. After three days of Mary fussing over me I was ready to explore Kaaden Falls. I had not seen Blake since our first conversation. And I wasn't exactly ready to take in more of his insults. So the first thing I wanted to do was to wash my body. All my belongings were lost with my dear mare and so I had to borrow Mary's dresses and her soap. I wonder why she did not mind sharing so. I hated to give people my things. But then I realized that she was a sister to many in her household and really did not mind. I was grateful. Mary said that Kaaden Falls was famed for its fresh, clean water. Indeed it was. I washed my hair and skin and never felt better. I, suddenly, became aware that again I was being watched. But by a look of hatred. Blake.

"I do not understand what your issue is with me."

"Maybe it is best that you do not know. It is much more than an issue that I have with you princess," He spat the word "princess" as if it burned his tongue to say it.

Whatever I had done to this man in the past I would get down on my hands and knees before him to try and make it right.

"I do not understand, what is this madness that you so passionately speak of."

I was beggining to get quite cold in the water and the sun was setting. He had better tell me what was haunting him so or would rip it out of him.

"I remember it much more clearly than she."

"Remember what Blake?!" I was almost pleading with him now. "Tell me please."

And for the first time since I had been there in Kaaden Falls, he looked up from the ground and into my eyes and said, "I remember the day your father condemned my father to death."