5) The Battle

~Fang's POV~

I don't think I can express enough how much I hate awkward silences. And Vincent. But mostly awkward silences. We stand outside silently, me waiting for him to say something and Vincent just being his annoying self. How did he get here? I didn't know we had a portal... Crap.

"There's no way for you to go home," I state finally. He sighs.

"I am aware." I roll my eyes and glare down at the town.

"Well if you're done stalking my town, I'd like to know why you're here."

"It was an accident. Cloud tripped over the controls and sent us here."

"Us?" My heart stings at the thought that he didn't even want to be seeing me, but he did any way so that he wouldn't feel guilt here forever. Selfish.

"Yes. Cloud, Tifa, and I went brought over."

"Good for Snow and Light," I grumble.

"They worry for you," his head tilts slightly.

"They shouldn't."

"But they do. Why have you not visited them?"

"Haven't had time," I watch him out of the corner of my eye. This is different than what I thought seeing him again would be like. I thought I would be screaming at him, ignoring him, beating him up. Instead I just feel this deep seated betrayal burning inside, yet the yearning to be back in his thin arms. No. "Now are you gonna talk or can I leave?" He inhales deeply before speaking.

"I'm sorry."

"No you ain't."

"But I could not bear the thought of hurting you again," he continues, not minding my input or even looking at me. "It seems... That is all I am capable of doing."

"Nah, I don't think so," I grumble. He sends a quick glance in my direction before looking back out at the water.

"You're right. I can also kill, destroy, and self loathe." His straightforwardness surprises me, but I pretend not to be affected. Thats what he wants, isn't it? For me to pity him and come running to pull him out of the darkness he's sprinted into head on. He can get himself out if he wants out.

"Is that all? I have an army to collect," I inform stiffly.

"I..." He blinks and shakes off whatever he was going to say. "Lokir... He is your new lover?" I burst into sarcastic laughter.

"He's as much of a lover as you are my brother. No, he's just my general."

"Hm," he hums, slightly pink than before. Just had to ask, didn't he?

"You kinda ruined the whole love thing for me," I blurt in my defense.

"My apologies."

Rolling my eyes, I step back into the apartment and ignore the look Lokir sends me. Snow raises an eyebrow, but I ignore him too.

"How close are they?" I snap at my second in command. He moves quickly, going back to the telescope and whistling just like last time.

"Only a few miles to go, Fang."

"Shoot," I hiss, glaring at the stupid map that's being no help. Frill sighs and shakes her head.

"What's going on?" Snow frowns. Lokir gives him a brief explanation while Vincent silently slips into the room, standing against the back wall. Don't think we don't notice you. Sonyeh eyes him for a second, staring at him. Vince shifts uncomfortably at her look and I suddenly realize why she's staring. His eyes are the exact color of blood, the liquid she so creepily cherishes.