19) The Promise

THIS IS PROBABLY THE LAST REAL CHAPTER OF OA, I'M STILL GOING TO WRITE YOU GUYS AN EPILOGUE. I'M SO SORRY :'( I HAVE LIKE NOTJING LEFT IN MY BRAIN FOR THIS, AS MUCH AS I LOVE IT, AND WHEN YOUR WRITER'S BLOCK LAST FOR ALMOST A MONTH, YOU KNOW IT'S TIME TO FINISH IT, SO SORRY AGAIN. I LOVE YOU ALL!

~Fang's POV~

"VINCENT!" I yell, stomping out our Oerba home. Where is that idiot?! I spot Yuffie and decide to take matters into my own hands, storming over to her.

"Ah!" She squeaks upon seeing me, turning to run. I grab the collar of her shirt and roughly yank her back.

"Where is he!?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," a sly smile crosses her face.

"Yuffie Kisaragi, I will call up your boyfriend right now and blackmail it out that idiot if you don't..."

"Okay! Okay! But how do you know I have him?" I shove the piece of paper I found on the counter at home in her face and she snickers. "He really is scared of me."

"Knock it off and tell me where Vincent is," I growl.

"Not a chance!" She exclaims, zipping away. I groan loudly and pick the paper back up.

Please save me from the ninja ~Vincent

"Yuffie," I growl again, running after her. She yelps and speeds off toward a new Wutai, the buildings will being built. Sadly, lots of people are having to stay outside because Godo ordered that the pagoda be rebuilt first. Inconsiderate man.

"Daddy!" She screams as she runs. "Godo!"

"How many times must I tell you not to yell, young lady?" Her father snaps, dressed up in his silly looking Wutain emperor clothes.

"Fang's trying to kill me!"

"What..?" He looks up and sees that I've slowed my pace to a stomp and jumps in alarm.

"Miss Fang, what do you think you are doing?"

"She kidnapped Vincent!" I snap.

"Yuffie?" He glares at her.

"He owed me materia!"

"Retrieve Mr. Valentine this instant. You know he is not very welcome here."

"Hey!" We protest at the same time.

"What? Just go get him!"

Godo angrily stomps away and Yuffie hurries off to one of the only houses finished, looking back occasionally to see if I'm following her.

"He's in here," she smirks. I smirk right back at her and hold the door open.

"Go on," I urge.

"But you're my guest," she pushes back.

"Oh no, I insist." She huffs and leaps into the building, rolling to a stop a few feet away.

"Aha! I did it!" That's when a huge metal cage slams down on top of her, making her stop her victory dance. "No! Curse me for putting two traps!"

"Just as I thought," I lift my chin cockily and jump over the first obvious trip wire. Then I wander through the small building until I find a locked door and knock. "Oi, Vince. You in there?" I hear a small click and an ebony haired head pokes out. Grinning at his slightly terrified expression, I shake my head. "Don't worry, she locked herself in a cage." He nods and steps out, relieved to be freed after hiding in that room for only fifteen minutes.

"That was faster than I thought it would be," he comments on our way back to Oerba.

"Hey, I'm always looking for you, so I should've been quick."

"That's very... Stalkerish." I laugh and lay my head sideways on his bony shoulder.

"I love ya, what can you say, Vamps?"

"That I love you as well," he smiles and looks up at the sun set. "The sunsets here are much better than on Gaia." My face lights up at the thought of ocean's sunset.

"Cmon." I grab his hand and pull him after me until we get to the shore. There the bright oranges, pinks, yellows, and blues reflect on the surface of the crystal waters. Vincent sighs as I sit down beside him. "I used to watch this every night when everyone was still here," I muse. "That was literally a millennium and a half ago." Vincent huffs in a amusement and silently watches the skies shift with my head on his shoulder, his gloved thumb running over the knuckles on one of my hands. I never want this to end. But what if one day it does?

"Is something bothering you?" His deep voice breaks my thoughts. I sigh.

"How long is this going to last?"

"Until nightfall."

"Vincent," I roll my eyes. "I was talking about us."

"How do you want it to?" He asks, turning his head to face me.

"Forever," I mumble, feeling like an idiot. Just have to be sure. He closes his eyes with a heavy sigh and kisses my cheek.

"Forever it is."

"Promise?" I ask hopefully.

"I promise," he nods. I grin and look back at the water, mentally counting the eternity of sunsets we'll see together.

SORRY TO DISAPPOINT, THAT'S HONESTLY ALL I COULD COME UP WITH. I LITERALLY HAVE SAT HERE FOR THIRTY MINUTES TRYING TO THINK OF SOMETHING TO WRITE. AND THEN THIS WAS BORN, SUPER RANDOM VINCENT KIDNAPPING, SLIGHTLY OOC FANG, AND A ROMANTICAL PROMISE.

LOVE YOU ALL TO THE END OF TIME!