Chapter 8

Jimmy's POV

As soon as we finished our set, I threw my sticks into the crowd and sprinted backstage to shower up, get dressed and to go find Scherry. As I was changing, Brian asked me what my plans were for the rest of the night. I told him I was going to see her, which I'm sure he heard through Michelle. "Should I bring anything??" I started overthinking again.
"Nah I think you'll be fi- OUCH!!" Michelle smacked Brian in the back of the head. "Bring her flowers, I have a feeling she likes roses." She replied. I nodded and left the venue. On the way out I heard Michelle call Brian a dumbass, but I didn't bother to stick around for that argument.
I found a 24 hour corner store that still had a few spare sets of flowers, and soon made my way to Scherry's tour bus.

Scherry's POV

I had been keeping track of time from the end of A7X's set til now, and waited about an hour before I decided that I would go looking for Jimmy. Just as I grabbed my phone and wallet there was a knock on the door. I opened it, shocked and confused to see him standing there with a bouquet of roses. "Hey... I brought these for you. As an apology... Do you want to go on a walk? Maybe grab some coffee before we hit the road?" He started. "I'd love to" I said softly, giving him a faint smile. On the inside my heart was pounding with excitement. Jimmy bought me flowers?? And I get to spend time with him?? I yelled towards the back of the bus telling my bandmates that I would be back in an hour or two.
We walked in silence for a while, I was trying to think of how to start this difficult conversation.
"So I heard from—" we said simultaneously. We both laughed. "You go first" I told him. He chuckled again and said "After we all went to the restaurant, I knew that something was off between us. I talked to Brian and I asked him what I should do. And he told me to break up with Leana. So I followed my best friends advice. And afterwards I still couldn't figure out why there was still something off... And tonight I finally found the answer." I laughed "yeah I was talking to Syn before and he saw that I got upset when he started mentioning the girlfriends. And then he told me about how you guys broke up... I'm really sorry that happened. I know how important she was to you." I started to feel guilty because of my selfishness. "Scher, you made me realize how shitty she was to me. If I was still with her this tour would have been torture." He paused. "Well. It still was torture because I wasted half of it not being with you." I blushed and smiled at him. "Well I'm still here. And I'm not going anywhere." Which made him smile too. He put his arm around my shoulders and my arm was around his waist. We walked like this the rest of the way to Starbucks.
We ordered our coffee and grabbed a booth. Once I was across from him it really hit me that I was in his presence again. This is the guy that I have posters of in my bedroom; the guy whose music I've listened to on repeat during so many phases of my life; the person who is my inspiration to play and write music.
I guess I was staring at him in a strange way and my train of thought was derailed when he grabbed my hand to get my attention. As soon as his hand made contact with mine, my face started to match my dark red hair. I guess he caught onto what I was thinking and jokingly made fun of me. "Oooooooh! What's that look on your face???" I rolled my eyes. My hand was still gripped in his. "Oh come onnn you know I'm just messing with you. What's on your mind?" I looked down to see two tattooed hands covering mine. "Well if you must know..." I paused for a few seconds, but Jimmy still remained patient. He had a calm look of anticipation, as if he knew that I would say something, he just didn't know what. To be honest, I really didn't know what I was going to say either.
"I just think that it's crazy that I'm actually here with you right now." I managed to stammer out. He had a slight look of confusion on his face. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Jimmy, I've been listening to your music since the days of Pinkly Smoothe. You're literally my idol. You are the one who inspired me to play and write music. You are the one who inspired me to learn all of these different instruments. You are the one who inspired me to be this crazy outgoing person who is able to brighten anyones day. It just kind of seems unreal to me... Not to mention... well you know..." He chuckled at this. "Listen Scherry, I am unbelievably flattered that you see me this way. And I know, you'll hear this a lot, but I'm just a normal guy. I'm definitely not perfect. I mean, you've seen me at one of my worst places. But I am glad that I could inspire you to purse music." He smiled, which involuntarily caused me to giggle a tad bit. "And to be honest Scher, I really do enjoy spending time with you. I wish we hung out more on this tour, but hey, it's not over yet." He had a hopeful look on his face. "No it is definitely not. Maybe we can make this a nightly ritual or something like that. Or we can go in the mornings since I'm not really a midnight coffee person." I joked. "I'd like that a lot." He grinned.
He checked his phone for a split second and we realized that it was around 2am, and bus call was at 4am. "Hey do you want to come back to my bus? Maybe watch a movie before call?" Jimmy asked. How could I refuse that?? Not only would I be with Jimmy, I would be with the rest of the band too!! We got up and started walking back to the venue in the same fashion that we walked to starbucks in. My arm around his waist and his around my shoulders. I couldn't stop smiling the entire time.
We got back to the bus where there was a bit of commotion. Zacky and Syn were WAISTED and were tormenting Johnny in the front lounge. "JoHnNY boooOOOOYYYYY- Heyyyyyyy Jimmaayyyyyy" Brian drunkenly yelled. "Ohhhh my gaaaaawwwwwwddddd. It's Scherrrrrrryyyyyyyy. HeY dId Ya KiSs HeR bRoOOOOO???" Sounding like he was trying to whisper. Then Zacky chimed in "ShUt It BrIiIiAn EvErYoNe CaN hEaR Youuuuu." Jimmy quickly lead me past the two of them. On the way out of the room I saw Johnny clutching a pillow on the couch and him mouthing the words 'Help Me!'. I laughed and kept walking.
Jimmy opened the door to this huge back lounge, with leather sofas, pillows, blankets, and a big flat screen TV with a few gaming systems. "Sorry about those two" he laughed as he shut the door. Next thing we hear is Syn yelling "YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHH GET IT JIMMYYYYY" followed by Johnny screaming in terror. I started laughing so hard that tears came out of my eyes. "It's all good Jimmy, they're hilarious." I said while wiping my eyes.
We had decided to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. Jimmy put the movie on and took a seat right next to me on the couch and wrapped his arm around me again, allowing me to rest my head on his chest. We covered ourselves with a blanket, and started watching Jack Skellington prancing around Halloweentown. Soon enough I started feeling drowsy. I quickly texted Charlotte to let her know that I would see them tomorrow at the venue. After that, I allowed myself to slowly drift off to sleep in Jimmy's arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everybody!! New Chapter!! I was having a hard time brainstorming ideas for this chapter and planning the flow of it, but it's finally here! I really enjoy taking my time on these stories but I know how frustrating and irritating it can be when an author doesnt update and I am certainly guilty of that. I'll try to get the next chapter out as soon as I can. Anyways, thanks for reading and I'll see y'all in the next chapter!!

- Zombie