Chapter 3

Ahhhh!!!!! Today is the day of the kick off party in LA!!! I can't waiiiitttt!!

I got up early and eager to start my day. I woke up at 6:30am to take a shower, dry my hair, do my makeup, and pick out the absolute cutest outfit ever! Today was the day that I was going to meet my inspirations!!! I had light blue high waisted ripped jeans on with a black halter neck crop top. I also wore my black toms. My hair was perfectly curly and voluminous today, my makeup couldn't have been better, my outfit was on FIRE. Today was going to be amazing.

I went downstairs to find my dad still in his pajamas, I checked the time and it was only 9am. The party doesn't start until 7! UGGGGHHH. I walked past him towards the fridge. "Woah, someone's up early and ready to go, huh?" he commented. "Dad, I don't think you understand what day it is," I replied with a serious tone. "Uh... Did I forget your birthday again?" He asked. "No!! It's the day of the kick-off party for Mayhem Fest!" He gave me a look. "What's the big deal? It's just a tour party where you meet everyone. You and I have been to a million of them." He proceeded to walk to the living room. "Dad... I get to meet Avenged Sevenfold today..." I told him. He then realized why I was taking today so seriously. "Ahhh, A7X, your inspirations for playing music. The loves of your musical life." He taunted me. "Precisely," I retorted. "Sweetie, if you wanted to hang out with the guys from Avenged you should have just told me!." He tried to reason. "Dad. Need I remind you that every year for my birthday I ask you to invite Avenged Sevenfold to my birthday. Yet you never did." I started getting bitter with him. "Shit, you're right. I've been bad with that," he admitted. "Sometimes I just don't trust them around you. Sometimes they have no filter and make a lot of advances and comments. I didn't want to expose you to that. Otherwise, I would have had to beat one or more of their heads in." He explained. "Dad, I'm 23, I think I can make my own judgments of character. I mean, who knows, they might be really kind, respectable guys... When they're sober. I mean, when was the last time you hung out with them when there wasn't any alcohol involved?" He began to think and realized that he had never hung out with them while they were sober. "I guess you're right. Just be careful when hanging around them," he resigned. "Trust me, I will."

At 5:30 we left for the party. Throughout the entire car ride, I had been doing checks on my hair, makeup, and outfit. With my dad constantly saying "you look fine, don't worry about it."
Before we entered the room I BEGGED my dad to introduce me to Avenged, he agreed. We made our way in when I saw them all standing near the corner by the bar. "What's up fellas!!!" my dad greeted them with hugs and high fives and fist bumps. I was quivering, inside and out. I tried not to just start balling like a baby right in front of them. But I had the absolute biggest smile on my face when I saw them and my heart began going 10 miles a minute. "Hey guys, I'd like you to meet your number 1 fan," he introduced me. "This is my daughter Scherry." They all immediately welcomed me with open arms ready for hugs. "Hiiiiii" my voice was shaking, I was giggling uncontrollably, my eyes started to tear up and eventually began to flow. "Awww! That's adorable!" Matt said giving me a hug, followed by the rest of them. "I'm sorry! You guys have no idea, you are my entire inspiration to play music. Every instrument, every song. I just can't believe this is happening!" I kept freaking out and the tears didn't stop. They all held me close, and eventually what felt like an eternity had passed until I stopped crying.
I took a deep breath and finally introduced myself. "Hey guys, I'm Scherry, and it's amazing to meet you guys." They all introduced themselves to me. Like I didn't know who they were??
My dad eventually went off to go talk to more people, but I stayed behind to hang out with Avenged.

"So how long have you been playing guitar?" Gates and Zacky asked me. "The first time I picked up a guitar was probably when I was about 5 years old. My dad had bought me one of those childish pink guitars and Brian (Welch) actually came over and showed me chords and eventually scales and different songs. When I was 8 I got my first real guitar and it was the greatest day of my life. I actually still use that guitar every night on stage." I explained. Syn and Zacky looked surprised, and so did Shadows and Johnny while listening in on the conversation, but Jimmy was just off to the side on his phone with a pissed look on his face. I frowned on the inside, I didn't want him to be upset. I nudged Gates and looked over at Jimmy, asking what his deal was. He mouthed "relationship problems." I nodded in understanding. Shadows then asked me if I played any other instruments. "Yeah, I play bass, keys, I sing, other orchestral instruments, aaaaand I play drums," putting emphasis on drums to hopefully catch Jimmy's attention. I looked over at him subtly and I saw him crack a smile, but he was still looking at his phone. It was a small victory but it made both of us happier.

We then proceeded to talk about shows, touring, how we were all endorsed by Schecter, just going on and on. Jimmy wasn't part of the conversation, the entire time he was on his phone. Eventually, he got up and walked out of the room to take a phone call. I let out a sigh. "What's going on with him and Leana?" I asked them. "Her excuse is that she's 'under too much pressure' to deal with him, which is why she 'wants to see other people' meanwhile she probably already has," Gates explained. I questioned why she would be under pressure dating Jimmy. "Jimmy has cardiomegaly, an enlarged heart, which causes a lot of complications. He takes a lot of medication and touring and drumming doesn't exactly help the condition either. He also drinks a lot." he elaborated. "That's pretty shitty of her to abandon him for something that he isn't in control of. She probably found someone else to go fuck so she can go screw while he's on tour." I rolled my eyes and all of the guys were in agreement with me. "I'm gonna go talk to him." I turned to them. They gave me the go ahead and I followed the same route that Jimmy took to leave the room.

I got outside and found him arguing with her on the phone. "Leana! You're making petty excuses! If you didn't love me anymore you should have said! I don't need to catch you cheating on me in my own house when I get back from tour! Oh, wait, that already happened! I'm done with you Leana, you the shittiest person I've ever met and you have no heart! Goodbye!" He yelled into the phone. I stayed hidden and I saw him lean, then slide down the wall to the ground with his head in his hands. I heard him whimper. I hate to see him like this. I quietly walked up beside him and hugged him. He jumped a little when I made contact with him, but he turned and pulled me into a tight hug. I felt the heat from his face and tears grow on my shoulder. I just held him tight and didn't let go until he did.

Eventually he stopped and I asked him "what's going on?" This was an unfortunate way to meet my inspiration. "It's nothing. I don't want to be a bother to you. Like I am to some people." He leaned his head back against the wall, looking up to keep his tears back. I stood up and offered my hand. "Come on, let's take a walk. Get away from this place." I suggested. He took my hand and I pulled him up. we began to walk for a few blocks.
We walked in awkward silence for a few minutes, then he began to open up. "I have a heart condition, that doesn't guarantee me a long life. My girlfriend keeps making excuses that she would rather separate herself from me before I drop dead. But really she's just looking for someone else to fuck." He explained. "Wow, that's pretty shitty of her. But Jimmy, is she really worth the heartache? What keeps you going back to her?" I asked him. He turned and began to think about it. I could tell that he wanted to say something but he hesitated to do so.
"She was one of the most important things in my life. Drugs, alcohol, drums, and Leana..." he said. I was deeply upsetted by this and it broke my heart to see him talk like this. Did he really have nothing else besides those four things? What about Avenged? Those guys are his brothers! How could he feel so alone?
I shot him a worried and sad look, and I saw his eyes tear up again. I quickly pulled him into the tightest hug possible and this time I wasn't letting go. I felt the heat of tears build on my shoulder, and he jolted with every sob that he let out.
"Let it go. Let it all go. Rethink everything. Think about what is good for you, who should be in your life, and who shouldn't. Does she belong there." I explained to him. He kept sobbing. I was grateful that he had actually opened up to me about this considering that I only met him tonight. But usually when someone opens up to you after knowing them for only a short time, that means they have an entire story behind them. I began to think about this. Does he really trust me with this? Or did he finally realize that he needed to get this out.

He finally began to let up. He still hugged me after he was done crying. "You okay?" I asked him. "Yeah, I really needed that... thank you." He pulled away from the hug. He took a deep breath and started composing himself. "I'm Jimmy by the way." He laughed as he said this. What a great way to meet someone. "Hi I'm Scherry and you are my inspiration for playing music. And you have no idea how long I've waited to say that sentence to you." I giggled. I had the hugest grin on my face when I finally saw him smile. I felt my heart flutter with happiness when I looked in his eyes.
I will never forget this moment for as long as I live.