Chapter 2

The next day we had band practice. There were 5 of us. It was me on guitar, Charlotte on drums who is also my best friend, Audrey on keys, Paige on bass, and Alice on vocals. We're a very multi-instrumental group. We do our own harmonies live, and if someone is having trouble writing a part someone usually helps. Usually, Charlotte and I do most of the writing, but it never hurts to have another input.
Before we started practicing we had to set the tone for the practice, that this ain't no bullshit practice... We were playing Mayhem Fest in a few months with Avenged Sevenfold.
"Hey guys, so I have an announcement to make!" They all gathered around. "So yesterday my dad gave me a letter, and we have been invited to play the entirety of Mayhem Fest this year!!!" They all had a look of amazement on their faces and we all group hugged. "Some of the bands we're co-headlining with are Trivium, Black Veil Brides, Korn, and... Avenged Sevenfold!!" They all started screaming in excitement. This was definitely the fangirl side of us coming out.
My dad came downstairs, "Hi Mr. Davis!" they all greeted him. "Once again, I told you guys you can call me John, and from all the high pitched screams I'm hearing upstairs I'm assuming you told them?" he asked. "Yeah she told us, I can't believe we're touring with you!" Charlotte said. "Yeah! I can't wait for the tour to start. Anyways, I have to go to my own band practice to prep for the same tour. I left money upstairs for food. If you need anything call me, yada yada yada, I'll see you later." I hugged my dad goodbye and we started rehearsing for the tour. And it was one of the best rehearsals we've ever had.
First, we had to choose the setlist, and what we were going to play was a mystery. We went upstairs and ordered food and sat around the table while we ate and planned out the set list. We had about an hour and a half to fill, so we had to start out with a bang. "Red Cold River?" Paige suggested. "Bingo, we have our opener," I added it to the list. "We need another banger," Audrey said. "The Flood," Alice said. "Boom, second hit. Done." I said while adding it to the list. "Alright, now we need a popular one, but not too popular," Charlotte said. "Cirice. Definitely." I said, and the rest of them agreed with me. "Alright, we need one more heavy one, and then we can move into the softer stuff." This was a hard one to pick because this needed to be heavy. "I think we should do Soft," Alice suggested. We haven't played that one in a while. "I'm down." Alright, now we can start moving into the softer stuff, and then after that, it's the throwbacks and the old stuff. "For the softer ones I think we should do Wrong Side of Heaven and Remember Everything" Charlotte added. "I'm not too much of a fan of singing those," Alice complained. "I love singing those songs!" Audrey exclaimed. "Alright Audrey can sing those if she wants," I said. And no one objected. I told you, we're a very multi-talented group.
"Now for the throwbacks. Maybe a cover in there to close or encore." I labeled the list of songs into sections.
"I think Diamond Eyes is a pretty nostalgic one," I remembered when we put out that song on our first album, it was a huge song at the time so playing it for an entire tour would be great. I added it to the list along with a few more songs like White Pearl Black Oceans, Caleb, Riot, Drowned and Torn Asunder, Desolation Row, and closed with Panic Attack. For an encore, we had to think of something great. We ended up on deciding on a cover of Judgement Day by Van Halen. And like that, we were done with the setlist.
We headed back downstairs and grabbed our instruments and started to practice. It was seriously amazing. Our harmonies were on point, I nailed all of my solos, the duals with Audrey and Paige were perfect, Charlotte hit all of her rolls and didn't miss a single beat, and Alice was pitch perfect. We finished playing Judgement Day and we all gave each other a look of amazement. "I think you guys are ready for Mayhem Fest." We turned around and my dad was standing in the doorway with a grin on his face. We were going to impress a lot of people on this tour. I hope we impress Avenged. I can't wait to meet my idols.

All of us headed upstairs and sat on the couches in the living room, and we all started talking about the tour. Charlotte started the fangirling with "Oh my god I can't wait to feel Matt Shadow's biceps!!" Then it was followed by Paige's groveling over Zacky and how adorable he was. Then Audrey started describing "the awe-inspiring beauty" of Synyster Gates. Alice was talking about how much she was going to torment Johnny, but then she admitted that he was cute. I kept to myself because also my dad was in the next room about how I was basically in love with Jimmy, I knew he would be worried about me hanging out with him since he started telling me about all of the experiences he has had with him. But then again, I'm 23 years old, I think I can handle myself and live my own life without my dad looking over my shoulder every ten seconds. But then again, some of us were reminded of their existing relationships, like Matt and Val, Syn and Michelle, and unfortunately for me, Jimmy and Leana... Well, it'll still be nice to get to know him, I'll still freak out when I meet him.

All of my bandmates left the house and I proceeded to daydream about this tour for the rest of the day in my room. Playing those first chords when we got on stage, meeting thousands of fans, the roaring crowds, and especially making new memories. I can't wait for this tour to start.

Picture at the start of the story is of Charlotte