THE SAUNA TEST

SKY LISTENED INTENTLY to the curly headed boy. Her gaze stayed on the pearly white table, while she tapped her finger against it. She was anxious. The way Dustin was describing the building, it sounded impossible to get into. She wanted to convince to let this go, that way she would sleep at night knowing no one got hurt. But she knew they wouldn't let this go, and a part of her wouldn't either.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it."

Sky shook her head, doubt spreading across her features. It sounded as if someone walked up towards those Russians, they'd be blasted right then and there. If they wanted to get in, they needed to be careful. More than careful, actually. How about invisible? Oh, and the ability to walk though walls.

"But, there's gotta be a way in." Robin said, just as anxious as Sky.

Steve blew air into his hat, making it full and sat it down. "Well, you know..." He leaned on the table. "I could just take him out."

Robin questioned, amusement clouding her better judgement to try and take Steve serious, "Take who out?"

"The Russian guard." Steve said, looking at her as if it was the obvious solution. Robin sat back in her chair, nodding cooly. Not believing Steve for a second. She didn't even have to know his history of beating. There was no way he could take one of those presumed highly trained men, with guns, out. There was just no way.

From the past two years, all Sky could remember was Steve losing fights. First, by Johnathan. Sky only knew that by noticing the bruises on his hand. And second, by the narcissist: Billy. She missed that one, from her exhaustion, but it counted.

The point was, Steve obviously couldn't actually win a fight. He was more of a distraction for either someone who could fight or until they found a plan for them to run away.
But, he sure was someone to remember from wearing those black eyes. If anything, if anyone wanted to paint someone's face with their fist, Steve was the guy.

Sky herself could take out those guards if she wanted too. The only disadvantage was at some point she'd be too drained to do anything and everything would go to shit.

"What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy." Steve elaborated, leaning his head on his hand. It sounded easy enough. The problem was that only two people in the room had seen what happens when Steve tried to fight people. It wasn't looking so good.

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asked, quirking his brow.

Sky continued, "Or the part about them not wanting anyone to find out? People will go a long way to keep a secret." And the three of them should know, bad people did a lot of wrong things just to keep a secret.

Steve stared at Dustin and Sky with a snarky expression. "Yes, Dustin. I did. And that's why I would be sneaking." Steve throughly used his fingers to demonstrate walking. Which was not sneaking.

"Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually...won a fight?" Dustin asked, raising his eyebrows. He already knew the answer to that, but maybe breaking down Steve's confidence would do the trick.

"Okay, that was one time—"

"Twice. Johnathan. Year prior?" Dustin corrected, holding up two fingers. Sky had to admit she didn't believe Johnathan at first, but after seeing Steve's face. She believed him.