//09// Welcome Home

Warnings: swearing, sexual tension, dirty talk, daddy kink.

I'm sitting in the drop ship with Jasper. He's grinning like mad and holding a little flask. Apparently, the others started a war with the Grounders yesterday. God, how are they such idiots? The only times they accomplished anything was when I was with them. When they tried to go to Mount Weather, the Grounders took Jasper. When I went with them, we got him back. When they went to negotiate with the Grounders, they shot at them and started a fucking war. I'm terrified of what they'll do next. Us and them.

"Do you want some?" Jasper asks, holding the flask out to me.

"I'm sober," I respond, shaking my head.

"Good for you," he says, toasting me before taking another sip.

I laugh. "Don't bother being conservative around me."

"I wouldn't dare," he says, grinning.

"Being badgered by you is obviously better than running around with Clarke at a crash site," I say, smiling.

"I'll drink to that!" he yells, chugging the remaining alcohol in his flask.

"Out of the way!"

"What the hell is it now?" I wonder, going to the tarp of the drop ship and pulling it open.

The light almost blinds me but I hold up my hand to block it. When I do, I see Octavia and Monty hauling John Murphy into camp. He doesn't look like himself. There's blood caking his pale skin and his brown hair is a mess. He looks like he can't hold himself up. His fingernails have been torn off. He stumbles forward and out of Octavia and Monty's arms. I intercept him before he can fall onto the ground.

"Jesus, John," I say, lifting him back to his feet.

He breathes a laugh. "Hey, sweetheart."

"Come on. We should sit you down," I say, pulling him forward and into the drop ship.

I sit him down against the far wall and he groans in pain. I stand quickly, finding the clothe that Clarke uses for medical. I find a bottle of water, pouring it onto the clothe. He needs his wounds cleaned.

"I'm fine, sweetheart," he calls to me.

"That's what you always say," I respond, kneeling in front of him and dabbing the blood from his forehead.

"Murphy!!"

John's eyes flash with warning for half a second before returning to normal. I roll my eyes, patting John's leg before turning to face the door. Bellamy walks through it, already taking out his gun. He points it at John's head and I chuckle. Like I'm ever letting him out of my sight again.

"Get out, you rat," Bell says, clenching his jaw.

"Bell-"

"I don't wanna hear it, Cam. We banished him-"

"And look where that got him," I say, standing and gesturing down at John.

"He's a fucking snake."

I chuckle again, turning and dropping the rag in John's lap. I spin, jumping in the air and kicking the gun from his hand. He looks shocked by my fighting skills.

"Cam-"

"John isn't going anywhere, asshole. This is because of you," I say, pointing down at him.

"What's going on?" Clarke asks, walking in. Her expression darkens when she finds John. "What are you doing here?"