//06// Lost Humanity

WARNINGS: swearing, violence, sexual tension.

At about noon, two bodies are brought back. I tell them that I can bury them so that's what I do. Apparently, Jasper, Finn, Bellamy, and a few others have left camp. They're looking for Octavia who no one has seen since yesterday night. I try not to dwell on it, digging graves and placing the bodies inside. One girl, one guy. They're skin has been bubbled and melted. It must've been the acid fog. Thank god most of us were okay.

Once I'm finished with that, I settle for walking around the perimeter of camp. I really need a better distraction but the only thing I can do is walk. My mind ends up wandering.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get John out of my head. He was...so good. He just knew everything I wanted somehow. I really hate that I probably won't find anyone better than him in the time that I'm here. I could but I don't think I will. And it was so... familiar too. If I've slept with everyone in this camp, which I might've, none of them are better than John. And it's a slim chance that the ones I haven't fucked are.

The only thing I can do now for myself is practice fighting and walk around camp. The latter may not keep my mind off things but maybe it's good to sort things out every once and a while. Especially if you haven't in a long ass time.

So, I walk and practice fighting all day until it's dark again. The weather has become angry too. The clouds overhead are dark and thunder threatens us. Bellamy, Clarke, Finn, Jasper, Octavia, and a stranger walk into camp. The man is being dragged by Bellamy and Jasper while Octavia and Clarke are helping Finn walk. He's clutching his side tightly. It's clear that Clarke is struggling with his weight and she also needs to set up medical for him.

I rush to them, saying, "Here," as I replace Clarke at Finn's side.

I'm stronger than her so it's easier to carry him into the drop ship. We set him on a table on the first floor. Raven rushes over, checking his pulse first then examining the wound. Jasper and Bellamy pull the man up the ladder but I still don't get a decent look at him. Clarke and Raven start to work on Finn and since I barely have any medical expertise, I climb up the ladder to the second floor where everyone is. The storm is coming and they're hiding from it. I continue to the third floor.

Miller is sitting in a booth with a spear next to him. Jasper and Bellamy are tying the man's hands to the ceiling so that his arms are spread apart. The man is handsome. He has tan skin and a bald head. He's wearing a tight, grey shirt and jeans. He's unconscious which is probably for the best since he's absolutely jacked. His arms are insanely muscular. I'd hit that. Well, there aren't many people I would turn down. Bellamy pulls at the restraints, tightening the rope around his wrists.

"Why weren't you that rough with me?" I joke, rolling my eyes a bit.

"Cam, you shouldn't be here," Bellamy says, shaking his head.

"Why? Maybe I can get him to talk, huh?" I say, grinning at him.

"And what do you know about torture?" he asks.

"Well, nothing but I've slept with you so what's the real difference?" I say, smiling wide.

Miller laughs loudly as Bellamy glares at him. "Oh, come on. That was a good one."

"We don't have time for this," Bellamy says, frowning.

"Look, if you don't wanna talk about it, we won't. I just wanna stick around. Who knows, maybe he has a soft spot for brunettes," I say, sitting across from Miller in the booth. He laughs quietly again.

"Fine. Stay," Bellamy grumbles.

"Someone's in a mood," I say, rolling my eyes again and leaning back in my seat.