Slow Conversations With A Gun Mean More Than I've Ever Said To Anyone.

We still hadn't told the smaller kids about the twins, because we weren't sure how they'd take it yet.

"Boys or girls?" Madi asked.

"Not sure yet."

"Mommy, I dreamed about daddy." Madison said.

"I'm going to talk to her." I told Vic.

We walked in to mine and Vic's room and sat down with her, "What did you dream about daddy?"

She sighed, "He told me in my dream that you were scared, and that you missed him, and that what happened to Keaton made you want to give up. He said don't. He said that giving up would mean all the hard work you did means nothing. And that we mean nothing. He doesn't want you to feel like this is over for you. It's not. Daddy says that you're going to be okay. You just have to really believe that it will be okay."

I stared at her.

"I know. It's unusual. But I should let you know, that Daddy uses me to talk to you, so what you're hearing is actually him talking through me. I'm still here, I'm just his spokesman."

"Okay Tony, this isn't going to work. Hearing words like spokesman from our six year old daughter is going to freak me out beyond belief."

"I could embody myself in a spirit."

"And make me feel like I'm watching Haunted Mansion? I don't think so."

"There aren't a lot of options Michelle."

"Okay, okay. Embody yourself."

Madison jumped up and ran out of the room.

"The only reason I didn't do this initially was because I was afraid I'd freak you out."

I turned and saw Tony, and I jumped.

I clamped my hand over my own mouth to keep myself from screaming.

"Calm down."

"Okay, why are you here?"

"Because I want to help you."

"Can anyone else see you?"

"Anyone I want to see me can. Right now, just you and Madison."

"Okay. Um. Maybe now isn't such a good time to, you know, reveal yourself, because in case you missed the memo, I'm three months pregnant with twins, and I have severe post traumatic stress disorder with no meds because of the pregnancy, and I'm supposed to remain calm, and to be honest, this isn't helping me much."

"I'm aware that you're pregnant. You're having twin girls. I know that for a fact. I know you're suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from losing Keaton, who is fine by the way. I saw to it that he was taken care of. And I know you're supposed to remain calm, which believe it or not, is why I'm here."

I sat down, "Girls?" I asked.

He nodded, "Identical twin girls. I know that's not what Vic was hoping for, but hey, I can't make all the decisions, he made that one on his own."

"Keaton is okay?"

"He's fine. He misses you and asks about you everyday."

I sighed, "Good to know he hasn't changed a bit."

"So, what are you going to name them?" He asked, sitting beside me.

Now, I know he wasn't really there, but I felt the bed dip and his hand on mine.

"Katie and Lucy." I announced.

"Katherine Marie, and Lucy Cherie." I told him.

"Michelle, who are you talking to?" Vic asked.