I Don't Ever Want To Lose My Best Friend.

-Vic-

Unfortunately, the alarm clock isn't what woke us up the next morning.

Madison was standing beside the bed, tugging on Michelle's shirt, Adam jumping on the foot of the bed, and Destiny screaming in the next room.

I loved my kids, really, I did, but there were some parts of parenthood I still didn't like.

For instance, not getting to sleep in until noon.

I groaned and sat up, "Adam, stop it before you wake up your mother." I said.

"I'm already awake, I was just pretending to sleep so they'd go away." Michelle said.

I laughed and got up.

I picked Destiny up, and went into the kitchen to make a bottle.

Michelle made Madison's oatmeal, Adam's bacon and eggs, and Micah's toast.

Watching her, she looked tired, and much older than she did when we met.

Thinking back on it though, I know that in that time, she'd been through so much, enough to age a person beyond their years.

After all the kids had been fed, the older ones got ready for school, and the younger ones gathered around the TV to watch cartoons.

Michelle took Madi, Adam, Micah, Elizabeth and Isaiah to school, and I started laundry, the dishwasher, and vaccuumed the hall and bedrooms.

"You look exhausted." Michelle commented, pouring coffee in a mug for herself.

"You can't begin to imagine." I murmured.

She laughed, "Oh, I think I can. Mother of eight, remember?" She said.

I nodded, "How could I forget?"

There was a knock on the door, and Michelle disappeared to get it, returning with Janie and Tomas in tow.

"We're so sorry to hear about Keaton sweetie." Janie was saying.

"We're supposed to arrange the service today. I've wanted to cry since I woke up this morning, but for the kids' sake, I haven't let go yet. I'm hurting." She said.

"Don't keep it bottle up sweetheart. That won't do you any good." Tomas said.

"Morning Vic." Janie said.

I waved half-heartedly, and smiled, "Morning guys." I said.

"You look beat." Tomas said.

"That's what I told him." Michelle said.

I just laughed, "I'm tired, but it comes with having kids." I said.

"We'll watch them when you go arrange the service. It's no problem at all." Janie said.

Megan walked in, "Grandma, Papa!" She cried, hugging them.

"Hi princess." Tomas said.

"She looks like Marisa did when she was little." Janie commented.

Michelle forced a smile, "I always told Tony that. He never wanted to believe it."

I kept my eyes down, hiding the tears that had formed.

Michelle, after sitting quietly at the table for a moment, finally broke down and started sobbing.

I quickly moved around the table and hugged her, comforting her.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" Megan asked.

"I miss Keaton baby, and daddy, and aunt Marisa." She said.