Chapter Six

It had been six years since Gaster became the Royal Scientist. And now all of the designs were done. He finally finished the designs for the CORE. Maybe..., Gaster thought to himself as he sat at his desk, Maybe it will work this time. Maybe... the design is not a failure. Gaster looked over his designs, notes, and blueprints for each part of the CORE. It seemed to make since to him. It seemed that it could actually work. He smiled dearly at the papers scattered disorderly across the white counter.
   Gaster couldn't believe that he had been working at the Lab for six years. Sometimes, it felt as if it was his first day. Sometimes, on his worst days, it felt like he worked there his whole life. But today, it felt like a normal day. He was finally satisfied with his work when he went over the evidence that it might work.
   "Dr. Gaster?", Alphys called from the doorway. Gaster looked back at her and smiled, excited to show her his work. He jogged to her with his many papers in his bony hands.
   "Alphys... I finally finished it! The designs!", Gaster said excitedly.
   "Really?!", Alphys said, almost as excited as Gaster was. She looked over them, fascinated. She ran through the papers and studied them, one by one. "These are impressive, Dr. Gaster! Isn't this the machine you told me would supply magic to all of the Underground?"
   Gaster nodded. "Yes. And I have the perfect idea of where to place it!", he started. "I plan to put it in one of the areas of lava here in the Hotlands! The CORE will run on the heat and fire from the lava. I will use some of my magic and force the magic into the machine. The heat and fire will increase the magic, and the magic will radiate into all of the Underground. The radiation isn't as dangerous as a gamma ray, but is actually perfectly safe and will help the entire Underground. It will give every home electricity and water! This will help the entire Underground, I'm sure of it." Alphys smiled.
   Gaster took the papers back from her and set them down on the counter. He looked up at the picture of Raven Malice. "I may not be able to find out what determination is, or even live up to you, but I'm sure I can make this to help every monster.", he said to himself and to the picture quietly, feeling as if Raven's presence was there. He looked back at Alphys. "Oh, Alphys, I cut you off earlier. What did you come down here to tell me?", Gaster asked.
   Alphys looked at him as she was about to leave. She chuckled. "Thanks for reminding me! I just came to tell you that Asgore would like to see you.", she explained. Gaster widened his eyesockets. Him and Asgore had not spent a lot of time together since they got out of high school. He stood up and walked beside Alphys to the elevator. They came back up to floor 1 and stepped out of the elevator. "See ya later, Dr. Gaster!", Alphys called out as Gaster left the Lab.
   Gaster walked through the Hotlands, waving at monsters as he walked through the area. Monsters waved back and some even seemed happy to see him. He made his way through the area and finally came to Asgore's castle. He stared up at the doors and pushed them open. As he walked through, he finally came to the golden judgement hall. At the center of the room was a monster dressed in a dark red suit. Gaster stepped up to the man. "Hello, sir.", he said.
   "Hello, Dr. Gaster. I know you won't hurt Asgore, but I still have to check your LV and EXP.", the man said. Gaster nodded. The monster's eyes glowed a bright red for a few seconds. Then it's eyes became normal again. "Alright. You may pass." Gaster nodded and continued to the Throne Room.
   The monster in the judgement hall had been what Asgore referred to as the "Judge of Creatures". It was a job that any monster with magic could take. The Judge of Creatures would examine someone's LV, Level of Violence, and EXP, Execution Points. Based on that, they would decide if the monster or other creature was pure enough to be trusted to go to the Throne Room, where Asgore lived. Gaster stepped into the throne room.
   "Hello, King Asgore.", Gaster said, catching the attention of Asgore. Asgore looked up from the book he was reading and looked at Gaster. "Alphys said you needed me." Asgore nodded, verifying that what Alphys said was true. Asgore stood up and walked through the groups of flowers growing in his Throne Room. He stopped at 4 feet away from Gaster.
   "Gaster... we have just found out that a human has fell into the Underground. My son, Asriel, has seen her. Tori told me.", Asgore explained. Gaster gasped. A human hadn't been seen by monsters since the war. "Now, I need you to go home and be with your sons until we decide if the human is good or not." Gaster had his sons about 4 years ago. Sans, the older one, was 4 years old. Papyrus, the younger one, was 2 years old. Gaster had them with his wife, a skeleton, which had died giving birth to Papyrus.
   All of a sudden, Gaster's cell phone rang. Gaster pulled it out of his pocket and glanced at it. It was his house phone number, so Gaster knew that Sans was trying to call him. "Well, speak of the devils.", he said with a chuckle. "Do you mind if I take this call? It's my sons." Asgore nodded.
   Gaster pressed the "accept call" button and lifted it up to what would be a skeleton's ear. "Sans, is this important? I am currently speaking to Asgore.", he said.
   "Yes. Paps cut his arm.", Sans said on the other end of the phone, but weirdly had an excited voice.
   "What?!", Gaster asked with a help in his voice. He was now worried.
   "Wait! Wait!", Sans exclaimed. "I got my first powers! I was able to heal it completely with my magic!" Gaster smiled.
   "Really? You got your first powers? At 4 years old? Wow! I'm so proud of you, Sans. So, Papyrus is okay?", Gaster said happily.
   "Yup! Paps is great! The pain went away the second I healed him!", Sans explained.
   "Well, there is one thing I was wondering. How did Papyrus cut his arm? If it was a hard fall or something similar, please check his soul and the rest of his bones. I don't want a cracked soul or broken bone to go unnoticed.", Gaster said.
   "I already did. He's fine. And I'm sorry to interrupt you and Asgore's conversation.", Sans apologized.
   "It's alright. I love you."
   "I love you too, dad."
   Their call ended and Gaster placed his phone back into his pocket. He looked back at Asgore. "There was something I wanted to tell you, Asgore.", Gaster said. Asgore tilted his head to the side, waiting for Gaster to say something. "I finished the designs for the CORE and hope to build it soon.", Gaster explained.
   "I will let you create it after this human situation. Is that okay?", Asgore asked. Gaster nodded.
   "Of course, sir.", he said. He left the castle and headed to his house, to the two troublemaking sons of his.