Glider Ride Date

A week after the storm...

Aang sat at Katara's door sweating nonstop. Today was the day of his and Katara's first date. He didn't know why but he was more nervous than a monkey lemur in a cage of platypus bears. He looked outside, it was still early morning. Maybe too early. He stared out through the window only to see the darkness greet him and no sunrise in sight. Aang thought he should probably go back to bed and wait a little longer, but as he turned around to leave, he heard Katara's door open. He whipped around and saw Katara, ready to go in a dress and makeup, looking like she was going to the fanciest of fancy dances in Ba Sing Se. Aang couldn't help but stare. "So what's the plan Mr. Avatar? Katara said lightly. She could hypnotize Aang just by opening her mouth. "Uh, well I was thinking we could start off by going to... well it's a surprise!" Aang said quickly. Well, I don't mind a surprise as long as your there, Aang." Katara said. "Well then, I do believe you'll enjoy what's in store for this date, lady Katara," Aang said with a bow. "Hmm lady Katara, I like it, but I think it's preferred if you just called me Katara, Master Avatar Aang," Katara said. "And you can just call me Aang," Aang said laughing. "Well anyway, let's head outside," Aang said taking Katara's hand and leading her out the door. "Alright, well since Iroh took Appa to start doing tea deliveries, I figured we could take my glider!" Aang said proudly. "Um Aang, I thought your glider only fits one?" Oh no, it can fit two without a problem." Aang said confidently. "Well if you think it will, then I think it will," Katara said. "So how does this work?" Katara said slightly nervous that she was about to go and fly in the sky with nothing but a stick with some canvas... Aang then caught her eye and said "Like this!" grabbing her by the waist, and then taking off. Well, it was a master Airbender flying it, so maybe it was safe after all, she thought to herself as Aang held her tight. When she thought about it she felt pretty comfortable, Katara thought. They soared throw the crisp early morning sky as the sun slowly rose, able to see the entirety of Ba Sing Se below them. "Wow, this is amazing Aang... I mean, I've been on Appa but this is... "different?" Aang said. "Better," Katara said as she smiled at Aang. "Yeah, I think so too," Aang said returning the smile.

They flew beyond the walls of Ba Sing Se, and some bright green plains until they came up to a mountain. The mountain was covered in switchbacks from the bottom to the top. They landed at the summit and Aang folded his glider up and slung it on his back. "Wow, it's beautiful up here," Katara said. The two looked over as the sun started to rise above the mountains on the horizon. "Not as beautiful as you."

"Oh, well I don't know about that Aang, it's really beautiful up here," Katara stated as she gazed upon the sun, which had now risen above the mountains, illuminating the valleys below.

"I'm pretty sure," Aang said of surety.

"Well thank you Aang, Katara said sweetly, whilst planting a quick peck on Aang's cheek.

Aang blushed slightly, even pecks on the cheeks still got him.

"So Aang, why'd you take me here?" Katara asked genuinely curious to see what Aang had planned.

" Well, would you want to try air scootering?! Aang said full of excitement. "Well yeah, but I'm not an Airbender Aang," Katara said, now confused.

"Don't have to be. I think I've figured it out." Aang said with a wink. He lifted him and Katara up with a gust of air and then made two air scooters for the two of them. They each landed on one, Katara began to slip by Aang caught her before she could fall. Katara blushed lightly as did Aang. "Here, just sit on it like this," Aang said while showing her how he did it. "