XI

in too deep - WHY DON'T WE [ slowed ]

I'M IN TOO DEEP.

☻♡

"Thanks Meg, you're the best!" I whispered after our little exchange of an item that was stashed above the fireplace. I winked at Meg before going back up to my shared room to read.

I mentally cursed myself when I heard the shower. I opened YouTube and played a slowed down version of 'In Too Deep' by Why Don't We. I opened my book and hummed along quietly.

Jacob would have known I was in the room by now. My computer was almost at full volume. I must have not even heard the shower shut off, as i was in some sort of trance while reading 'Milk & Honey'.

However, when the bathroom door opened I was snapped back into reality. I looked up at the figure in the doorway, surrounded by steam. Oh sweet motherfucking mercy. I thought.

"Hello," I whispered. Jacob chuckled, turning to brush his teeth. He was wearing grey sweatpants (it's that time of they year ladies) with his white towel wrapped around his neck, catching droplets of water from his hair.

"I'm in too deep," the music filled the room. The song was exactly how I was feeling right now. About Jacob. I realized I might actually have a chance with this dork.

"Can't touch the bottom with my feet,"

I got up from my place on the bed, walking over to Jacob to brush my teeth with him. "Don't know what you did to me, I can't breathe but I'm livin'," I sang in a hushed tones.

I squeezed the charcoal toothpaste out from the tube and onto my toothbrush. I caught him staring through the fogged up mirror and smiled. I spat into the sink, washing my hands and face afterwards.

"So," Jacob began. I raised an eyebrow and hummed in response. "Wasn't that the best date you've ever been on?" He teased, chuckling at his own words.

I gave a short giggle and scratched the back of my neck. "I've never been on one. I normally don't say yes to people when they ask me out." I admit to him and exhale. "In other words, you were my first date. But I really enjoyed it." I told him.

Jacob smiled. "I've only been on one other date. We only lasted a week and a half, and it started a bunch of Twitter drama that I, of course, won." He giggled.

I smiled. "Why did you say yes to me then?" Jacob asked. Here it comes. I thought. I nervously cleared my throat. "Because I.."

"I'm in too deep,"

We both caught attention to the song. "That's why." I giggled. Taking a second to understand, Jacob grinned. "You like me?" He questioned. I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, of course I do, you idiot." I laughed.

Jacob grabbed my hand. "Be with me then." Jacob proposed. I gasped a little bit, surprised that he would offer. "No cap?" I asked him.

Jacob nodded and I smiled. "Of course, Baby Hitler." I teased him, connecting our lips. It got intense. Our hands were all over each other. Then Jacob pulled away.

"I think I could get used to that." He joked, having the both of us let out a giggle. I agreed with him and then the playlist shuffled to another song.

"Should we tell the others?" I asked him. Jacob shook his head. "Nah, not yet. They'll figure it out eventually." He told me. I nodded and smiled, kissing his cheek before bringing the bag out if my pocket.

Jacob's eyes went wide. "Are those-"

"Joints? Yes. You don't have to smoke them, Meg gave them to me since I was a bit down with Harlan and, you know." I explained.

Jacob nodded. "Don't worry, you're worrying again." He spoke softly, placing his hand on my thigh comfortingly. I smiled. "You see, that's why I feel this way for you. You don't judge me like everyone else does." I told him.

Jacob hushed me by placing his lips on mine once again, having me tangle my digits in his hair. We both smiled into the kiss as he pulled me onto his lap.

We kissed a bit more until I just hugged him. His arms were wrapped around me so secure, and he was rocking back and fourth slowly. And right then and there, I just felt safe. Like nothing could get me.

I closed my eyes and almost drifted away when I decided to throw the ziplock of joints in my suitcase. Jacob sat, back pressed against the headboard waiting for me. I tied my hair in a messy bun and returned to my spot on his lap and in his arms.

And there, we fell asleep. Just like that. I didn't dream, nor did I have a nightmare. It was just black for a moment before waking up the next morning, exactly how we fell asleep last night.

☻♡