X

X. Adore You - HARRY STYLES [slowed + reverb]

 Adore You - HARRY STYLES [slowed + reverb]

I ADORE YOU.

the cold treat began to melt into liquid inside her mouth as she twirled her tongue around the creamy substance so it would melt quicker.

jacob watched closely as Lucille took tiny kitten licks of her espresso ice cream. She looked up at him and smiled before noticing something cool drip down her index finger.

She slowly put the finger to her lips and began to lick the melted cream clean off her finger. Jacob blushed and continued to finish his vanilla cone.

Lucille chuckled behind her breath, throwing her unfinished remains in the garbage as she went to go wait for jacob outside.

She sat on a bench and snapped a photo of the retro parlor, sending it as snapchat streaks. She put Jacob's snap handle with the caption being, 'add up this famous lil cutie rn🥵'.

Jacob was silently standing behind her, noticing her caption on the snap before she sent it to various people, including him.

"Cutie, hm?" He hummed teasingly. She scoffed. "Duh, look at how fab you are." She winked, booping his nose as she stood up and skipped out to the empty road.

"Come on, loser, I'm taking you to wonderland!" She yelled out to him. Her voice echoed throughout the night sky. She twirled around in the middle of the dark street, disturbing the silence with constant 'wooooh!'s.

Jacob shook his head, but chuckled as he ran to catch up with her. She took his hand in hers and pulled him to a dark, wooded trail. It was hidden as there were no signs and no lights.

It was simply just a cavern of trees and twigs and various plants. She let go of his hand and began to walk through the trail. Jacob stopped her.

He gulped. "Are you sure? It's so dark." He worried. Luci didn't say a word. She simply just rolled her eyes, unlocked her phone, and turned on the flashlight.

"Not too shabby, eh, Scaredy Cat?" She snickered, gripping his shirt and forcing him to follow behind.

The trail went on about 5 minutes before they came towards a quarry. The moonlit water glistened way below the cliff under a large and healthy willow tree.

Lucille sat on the ground, letting her legs swing whilst dangling over the edge. She patted the ground beside her, telling Jacob to come settle next to her.

He flashed a small smile before taking into her actions, and plopping himself down. His legs followed the same position as hers over the cliff.

They spent a moment of peace and quiet, taking in the view until Jacob heard a gasp. He hummed in response. Lucille pointed beyond them towards a bunch of small, blinkering lights fluttering around in mid air.

"Fireflies!" She exclaimed happily. Lucille felt like her old child self in that moment. A memory flashed back in her mind of when her and her sisters used to catch the pretty little insects in mason jars and use them as night lights while camping in their auntie's back yard.

They would fall asleep to the quiet buzzing and blinking lights attached to the bugs' behinds. And every morning before the sun rose, they would free them from the little glass enclosures.

She revived back to reality, smiling before she noticed a little star beside her. "Holy shit!" She spoke in a hushed tones, quickly extending her hands and catching the firefly in her closed palms.

She opened her hands ever so slightly, creating a small hole, just big enough to peak at the creature.

"Such beautiful insects." She admired it, letting Jacob take a look before she reopened her hands, allowing the bug to fly off into the sky.

"Indeed."  He agreed, looking up at Luci with soft eyes. "So does that make you a firefly?" He flirted shyly.

She scoffs, raising an eyebrow. "What?" She laughed. He smiled, looking up at the moon.

"Don't play dumb, Cabrera, you know what I mean, and I know you do." He spoke with a raspy voice. Lucille blushed.

"Nah, I'm more like an ugly fuckin' mealworm or something." She joked with a chuckle. Jacob shook his head, scrunching up his face.

"I don't think so. You're totally a firefly." He argued.

"No way, dude! Fireflies are beautiful, and they're gentle, and nobody can say they dislike them. The way they light up when it gets dark. They always give off brightness when the night is so deep." She explained, playing with the grass.

Jacob bit his lip slightly. "You know, you just explained yourself right there." He told her. Lucille flustered up and began to deny his words before he took her chin in between his thumb and index finger, bringing her face up to meet with his as he connected their lips.

Lucille's eyes widened as she was taken aback by his action. She pulled away with knitted eyebrows. "What was that for, big shot?" She questioned.

Jacob shrugged. "You weren't letting me flirt with you, so I had to move to plan b."

She laughed. "Wow, you're slick." She spoke. He tilted his head to the side.

"Maybe. But you like it." He snickered. She rolled her eyes and attached their lips once more. This time it was longer and more passionate.

"You're right, Thrombey." She pulled away, standing up. "Now, let's go back and get some sleep. Shall we?"

Word count : 913 words