III

somebody else - the 1975

COOL

the engine of her motorbike roared loudly as lucille strapped her helmet in place. she opened her leather seat to double check if she forgot anything inside. seeing she had everything, she texted marta to say she was on her way before hopping on the bike and making her way to harlan's manor.

with the built in gps on her bike screen guiding her, lucille already felt, actually, she knew that this was going to be one long ride. but, she felt that it was worth it. maybe it was worth meeting all of the thrombeys. and jacob. she wondered what the thrombeys were all like. and what jacob was like.

"oh, stop thinking about that boy, you haven't even met him, you fucking donut." luci mumbled over the engine of her cycle, and every other vehicle around her. she wondered what the thrombeys would think of her, especially seen as she rode a motorcycle for transportation. would they think she was a bad influence? or would they think she was cool? maybe they would ask her what made her want such a 'dangerous machine' as many people have called it.

she bought it with money she got from her sixteenth birthday. its pretty hard to find a harley davidson on craigslist. especially one that's only 600 and some bucks.

she had been riding for about an hour and a half when she decided to stop and get gas. she was only thirty minutes away from the manor. she kept her eyes open for any gas station. she began to lose interest until she came across an old chevron with a little convenience store. "i could stash up on movie snacks." she whispered as she took off her helmet, hanging it by the straps on her handlebars.

she stepped into the small store, causing the brass bell above the door to ring, making the head of the employee peer over one of the isles. she walked out into the open space between the shelves and the counter. she thought she had interrupted him while he was mopping. the man put a welcoming smile on his face as he went into a closet.

lucille furrowed her brows and began to walk through the isles, scanning for the treats she liked. she grabbed a package of gumballs, a bag of flamin' hot cheetos, 2 litres of cola, and a small pack of soda candies that fizz in her mouth. she only really liked the 'loca cola' and 'sprint' ones though. she'd just give the two other flavours to someone at the manor that likes them.

luci also grabbed a fiji water so she didn't dehydrate before she got back on the road. she walked up to the counter and payed for the snacks and gas, leaving the station as soon as she filled up her bike. she held the bag on her handlebars, having the plastic just underneath her palms. the sun was still rising, and she got a few glances at the crimson sky every time she hit a stop sign. she knew it would be sunny and hot. a perfect day to tan.