IV

sunkissed - khai dreams

FLIRTATIOUS

jacob watched closely, seeing her lay there in the grass, kicking her leg up and down. he could tell she was going to be golden by the time of the funeral. she was sunkissed. the yellow bikini she was wearing fit her perfectly, the bottoms fairly cheeky, making him blush deeply. then she flipped her body over, noticing Jacob standing there. she furrowed her brows.

"what, is there a bug on me or something?" Lucille questioned, raising an eyebrow as she lifted her glasses, securing them in her hair, like a head band. Jacob dropped his phone, quickly picking it up in a panic. luci chuckled and rolled her eyes playfully at the now extremely pink boy. "uh, oh, no, um.." he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "there was just something on your... crocs?" he fibbed, shrugging. "it's um.. gone now.." he mumbled.

Lucille lifted a single brow, dropping her mouth as it curved into a corner smirk. Jacob cleared his throat. "I'm gonna... I'm gonna go now.." he peeped, having luci whisper an 'okay'. laughing to herself as she watched the boy speed walk inside, pushing past marta, who was coming out to see her sister. luci smiled and stood up, running towards her sister.

"marta!" she shouted, embracing her into a hug. marta held luci's head against her shoulder. "oh, you're here! you did it, and you're safe. i'm so proud of you." marta giggled, kissing her forehead as they pulled apart. they smiled at each other before they went inside for some coffee. the two girls talked about luci's ride here.

"excuse me, I really need to use the bathroom." marta told her. luci furrowed her brows, finishing her coffee. "well, i guess i'm gonna go get ready for the party." lucille said, giving her sister a small hug before heading upstairs. when she walked into the room, she saw Jacob's bed unmade.

she thoughtfully made his bed for him. luci grabbed her macbook from off her bed and placed it on the bathroom counter. she picked and outfit, laying it out on her quilt before heading into the bathroom to do her hair and makeup.

she closed the door, putting 'on my block' on netflix as she began to curl her hair. "i'm a feminist," ruby told jamal as lucille watched closely, putting a hair clip on one side of her hair. "i'm woke. and i never slut shame!" ruby added, making luci giggle, opening her james charles palette.

she dipped into some neutral shades, swiping and blending them on her eyelids. she finished all her makeup in 30 minutes, completing the look with her clear gloss. she walked out to grab her outfit, when she saw jacob failing to tie his tie.

"you don't know how to tie a tie? and you're sixteen?" lucille teased, giggling behind her hand. jacob rolled his eyes. "shut up, my dad always does it for me." he mumbled, untying his knot and taking it off his neck. he groaned as he flopped on the bed.

lucille sighed, walking towards him as she grabbed his tie from his hands. "get up, rusty." she joked, making him lift a brow as he stood back up. luci began to tie it for him, biting her lip in concentration. they made eye contact, then both blushed as lucille returned her glance to his shirt, fixing the collar and dusting the fabric off.

"there. all ready." lucille smiled, patting his chest. jacob smirked. "looks good, thanks." he chuckled. luci took a few slow steps back. she picked up her outfit. "i'll uh.. i'll see you down there," she gave him a smile, flashing her pearls. "jacob." she added.

he nodded, walking out of the room, pausing as he closed the door. he bit down on his lip, happily skipping down the stairs. meg scrunched her face when she saw her cousin smile. "well you look like a walking dentist apointment, why so smiley?" she asked teasingly. jacob got a bothered look on his face.

"nothing, i just won an arguement on twitter. you're so nosey." he lied, taking his phone out from his pocket. meg crossed her arms. "whatever, nazi child."

"liberal snowflake."

lucille looked in the bathroom mirror, unbuttoning her over jacket fully. she wore a yellow plaid skin tight skirt that went a bit above her knees, and a white, lacy blouse that was covered by a jacket that matched the skirt. this outfit was, in all honesty, inspired by her favourite movie 'clueless'. she put on a pearl beaded necklace and pearl earrings. she walked downstairs, the slow tapping of her white heals drawing everyone's attention.

she gave a quick smile to everyone, giving a quick wink when her glance got to jacob as she continued to walk down. she hugged her sister and began talking to everyone. jacob couldn't help but stare. he mumbled a 'wow' quietly to himself. lucille glanced over to him, having jacob quickly return his glance to his phone screen, scratching his jawline gently.

lucille smiled and took a glass of cider from the tray fran was bringing around. "oh i love your perfume! what are you wearing, dear?" fran asked lucille. luci smiled sweetly. "oh, why thank you, fran. it's gucci bloom. harlan used to get me perfume every year for my birthday. this was the most recent one he gifted." she told. fran put a hand to her heart.

"i'm sure he'll find it wonderful that you're wearing something so meaningful tonight." fran smiled, rubbing luci on the arm. lucille gave a smile back. "well, excuse me fran, i'm just going to step outside for a moment." she said, having fran nod and let her go.

lucille brushed by jacob, the smell of her expensive perfume wafting in his face making him look up from his phone. lucille paused, looked him up and down with a smirk, and kept walking. jacob felt his heart melt, or his insides warm up, or whatever terms people use nowadays. he never thought the sister of marta cabrera would seem so flirtatious. he had no complaints though.

 he had no complaints though

word count : 1173 words