VIII

glitter - benee

QUESTIONED

"yeah, shoot." lucille huffed, looking to the side with her arms crossed over her chest. lieutenant elliot cleared his throat and leaned forward. "well, i'm waiting. what do you wanna know?" the girl spat impatiently. she was not in the mood for this today. benoit blanc chuckled at her behaviour from the front of the room where he sat beside the piano. "you're funny, you, i like it." he told, flipping a golden coin. it glistened in the light.

luci furrowed her brows. "look, i apologize, i know y'all are just tryna do your job, but i'm not in the best mood, so can we just please get this over with so i can sleep this off?" she sighed, resting her cheek on her palm while she used the arm of the chair to support her elbow. lieutenant elliot nodded. "of course, miss, no worries." he smiled, licking his lips. "so, first of all, tell us a bit about yourself."

she perked her head up. "huh? isn't this about harlan?" she scoffed, raising an eyebrow. the detective  sunk into his seat. "well, yes, but for the recording, we need to properly interview you." he told. lucille sighed, crossing her legs as she put her chin back into her hand.

"right then, my name is lucille lilac cabrera. my age is sixteen."

"anything else, miss cabrera?" lieutenant asked. lucille silently rolled her eyes. "my favourite colour is yellow and i ride a motorcycle. anything you want to ask me thats related to harlan's death?" she questioned the man across from her. he nodded.

"uh, yes ma'am. so, as you know, we suspect that harlan thrombey may not have commit suicide. so, first question for you was, what were you doing last night. the night it happened. retrace all your movements." he instructed the girl. the paused to think.

"well," she inhaled deeply. "when the birthday celebration of harlan was about to end, it was about 10:30 ish. i was sitting on the stairs reading a book, when jacob walked up and started joking around."

"jacob?" lieutenant repeated, hinting at her to give details. she chuckled. "jacob thrombey, son of walt and donna thrombey. anyways, i left jacob to go take a bubble bath. then, jacob came back to the room we share with a couple.. bottles of water." she lied. thankfully, he believed her. "and so, we watched a netflix show and, well, we kinda sorta, uh.." she blushed a deep pink. "made out, and then fell asleep. i woke up in his arms, not the way you old pervs would think, but we just cuddled, as friends, i think. and then i went down to the lounge, talked to meg thrombey, and then i got dressed and ready for the day."

the detective nodded. "and then you found harlan. can you tell us exactly how you found him?" he questioned. luci nodded. "of course.." she accepted, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "well, i had just finished my makeup when i heard fran scream. it had come from the room at the end of the hall. where the game he loved to play was. i'm sorry, but i don't quite remember the name of the game." she giggled, holding back the small fit of tears she felt gathering in her eyes. she looked up in attempts to dry her eyes. she huffed. "and there he was.. lying still on the couch, the knife used to slit his throat open was held in his limp hand, hanging off the couch." she felt one of her tears roll down her cheek.

lieutenant handed her a handkerchief. she wiped her eyes. "shit, i was having  a good face day." she joked, laughing sadly, trying to lighten her mood. "it's okay. i'd cry too if i had seen what you did. you're brave." detective comforted her. she nodded and whispered a quiet thank you.

"can i go?" she asked, placing the handkerchief on the table. "yes, but before you do, i need to ask if you know of anyone who had recent troubles with harlan? or a bad relationship with him?" he questioned. lucille shook her head. "well, you know, i'm not really the one to ask, i just met the rest of the thrombeys. my sister, marta, may know something. and she wont lie, she'll throw up if she does." she told. he nodded and let lucille out, gathering others to question.

"hey, how'd it go?" jacob asked as lucille walked out the doors.

she sighed. "i need a nap." she groaned, walking past him.

" she groaned, walking past him

word count : 799 words