𝟺-ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ-𝟺

Taehyun's POV:
I was walking to school, when I suddenly spotted a familiar face getting pushed by someone.

Y/N.

Jaemi and her clique were bullying her.

I was about to go there and stop them but Y/N stood up and pushed her back.

Woah. No one ever DARED to provoke Jaemi. Y/N was the first one.

The push then lead to shouting and screaming. However, Y/N seemed unbothered.

"Y/N!" I called out.

Y/N, Jaemi and her group of friends looked at me.

I ran over and pushed Jaemi away. She seemed shocked.

"Are you okay?" I asked, patting her on her head. Y/N nodded slightly.

"Taehyun oppa, what are you doing?!" Jaemi shouted.

"Uh, helping Y/N?" I replied, rolling my eyes. Didn't it seem obvious?

"Yea but Taehyun oppa..." she whined.

"Look, first of all, don't even call me oppa. Second, it's none of your business about what I do. Let's go Y/N." I said, grabbing her hand and walking off.

"Oppa!" Jaemi screamed. We ignored her.

Y/N's POV:
Taehyun dragged me to the back of the school.

"You're gonna break my wrist!" I shouted. He look at my wrist to see the purple line and let go.

"Jaemi bullies you all the time, why can't you just tell someone?" Taehyun said.

I looked at him and sighed.

"Look, I only don't want to tell anyone is because I can handle it on my own!" I screamed. Taehyun was in doubt.

"Mhm, surely there's another reason?" he asked, folding his arms.

Shoot, how did he know?

I shook my head violently.

"Yea, I'm gonna believe that." he said, rolling his eyes.

I just couldn't lie to this man.

"Ugh, fine! I'll tell you..."

(Story time teehee)

Flashback:
Jaemi and I were best friends. We were inseparable.

A year ago, on Christmas, she invited me to go to the bar. I couldn't drink, but it would be rude to turn her down. Although alcohol didn't taste good, I kept on drinking. Soon enough, I was drunk.

I was driving my car with Jaemi at the back. For some reason, she had her phone out, videoing me while driving.

I was really dizzy, and I couldn't even think straight. I couldn't even pay attention on the road.

We were in an isolated area, where there was no one. A man suddenly ran across, and I knocked him down. I suddenly realised what I had done and drove away. Unfortunately, Jaemi had it all on video.

I drove home, letting her sleep in my room. The next morning, there were news about a man getting run over. Luckily, he was still alive and there were no security cameras around the area.

Jaemi checked her phone and she found the video of me knocking down the man. We decided to keep it as a secret and never mention about this incident again. Jaemi deleted the video.

A few weeks later, I was called out by her boyfriend to meet him somewhere. As soon as I met him, he started kissing me. I tried hard to stop him, but he didn't stop.

Little did I know that Jaemi was there and she witnesses the whole scene.

After school, she asked to meet me at the back of the school.

She then slapped me and accused me of stealing her boyfriend. I tried to explain but she didn't listen.

She retrieved the video of me knocking down the man and threatened me with it. Of course, I had to listen to her as I didn't want a criminal record or go to jail.

Since then, she started bullying me. If I ever complained, she would report me to the police.

End of flashback~

"Now do you know why?" I asked.

Taehyun was speechless. "So, you KILLED a man?"

"Like I said, he was ALIVE. And why is that your main concern?!" I shouted.

He shrugged. "Whatever, but whenever did happens, tell me. I won't tell anyone, but I'll at least try to comfort you." he said with the sweetest smile.

I spaced out for a minute and didn't breathe. I was blushing hard.

"Um, hello? Earth to Park Y/N?" he exclaimed, trying to snap me out of it.

I came back to my senses and nodded.

"Let's go then!" he said, grabbing my hand and running.

"Woah, slow down!" I yelled.

We ran our way into the school.