You and me

It took me a few moments to fully process what she just said, they were the words I had longed to hear since the day it all started.

"I'll leave you all to digest the news, congratulations Daniel you should be very proud of yourself." She let herself out of the house before driving away.

We all stood in silence, I could feel everyone's eyes on me, I could tell the had no idea what to say and in truth neither did I.

Jacks mum nudged his dads arm signaling for them to leave.
"We'll let you two be alone, come on honey." Martha dragged her husband out of the house clearly setting off on a long walk.

The minute the door shut I turned to Jack lifting him up off the floor and into my arms, he wrapped his legs around my waist and snaked his arms around my neck while I held him close, staring into his eyes.

"I love you Jack." I said with all of my heard poured into each word.

"I love you more." He returned placing a loving kiss on my lips with his.

I carried him over too the sofa and lay him down carefully, not loosing contact for a single second. We sat together talking about our future, all our hopes and dreams while playing songs quietly in the background. For the first time in years I actually looked forward to my future, at what I could do with my life, how I had the perfect person the share it with right beside me. As long as I had him everything else was just an added bonus.