Meeting

Jack's pov

I can't believe how slowly today went by, it was as if the day would never end! All because my best friend, or my only friend for that matter, Megan, wasn't in. She always sticks up for me, keeping the bullies away, she is the same age as me, 16, and we have most of our classes together. Megan accepts me for who I am but there are some people that don't, Ricky for instance.

Ricky is the school bully and everyone knows it, even the teachers seem to be afraid of him. As I left school through the large glass doors I felt warm breath on the back of my kneck, I knew it was Ricky without even needing to turn around. After two hands hit my back I was face down on the concrete floor, he grabbed the back of my kneck and threw me again the wall. As punches collided with my face I heard a voice shouting.

"Get off him Ricky!" I couldn't make out who's voice it was.

Whoever it was threw Ricky off of me, without the strength of Ricky's grip holding me up I fell straight to the floor. The Mystery man stared Ricky down until he finally walked away, when Mr Mystery was sure Ricky was gone he turned to me. It was a boy called Daniel, he was the most popular boy in school, everyone loves him. I couldn't understand why he helped me. He looked down at me and smiled softly and helped me up from the ground.

"Thank you." I whispered trying to cover the bruises Ricky had left with my bangs.

"No problem, what's your name?" he asked curiously.

"I'm Jack, your Daniel right?" I locked eyes with him.

A blush crept up on his cheeks as he looked away trying to hide it.

"I better get going, see you tomorrow Jack." he walked away with a smile and a wave.

Words escaped me, all I could manage was a simple,
"Bye."

He continued walking, I jumped into my little black fiat and drove home. I pulled up in my driveway and ran inside dumping my bag beside the door. I saw my little sister sat on our plush grey sofa covered in blankets with large wireless headphone covering her ears. I snuck up behind her, lent over the back of the sofa and tickled her sides, she laughed uncontrollably.

"Jack!" laugh, "stop it!" giggle, giggle.

"Sorry sis, I can't hear you." I spoke while smiling and continuing to tickle her.

"Please!" she smiled and tried to stop laughing but she just couldn't hold it in.

"Alright." I stopped tickling and placed a light kiss on the top of her head before I plonked down on the sofa beside her. "What ya watching?" I asked watching the screen.

She must not of heard me, she was on her ipad, probably watching some crazy YouTuber. She obviously wasn't watching the TV so I turned it over and watched a random movie.

"Jackie! Susie! Dinner!" my mother shouted us from the kitchen.

She always insisted on calling me 'Jackie', it used to really annoy me when I was little but now I just ignored it.

We sat down at the dinner table after helping set out to plates and cutlery. My dad joined us a few seconds later and sat at the head of the table next to my mum. After eating the delicious meal that my mum had prepared we all split off to go do different things. I for one had homework to do, it took a few hours but I managed to get it all out of the way before I went for a shower.

The water was pleasantly warm causing all of my muscles to relax, all of my worries washed away with the dirty water. I left the bathroom in just a towel and slipped into a pair of long grey sweat pants then dropped onto my massive, soft, bouncy bed and snuggled into the covers. Before I knew it I was fast asleep.