chapter 16 ✦ warnings

He was fast. I mean really fast. I could barely keep up with him. I ran through the jungle and I caught glimpses of him once and a while.

"Pan!" I called as I ran, dodging trees and big leafs. "Pannn!!" I screamed again. "Peter Pan!" saying his full name was weird. "Stop!" I softly said. I slowed down and stood still, breathing in and out, heavily.

"What do you want?!" I turned to see him, leaning on a tree with his arms at his sides. He looked sad and confused. I sighed in relief.

"We need to talk, Peter." I whispered and stepped closer to him. Panic rushed in his eyes again and he backed away from me. "No, Peter. Stop running." I demanded and narrowed my eyes to him.

"You said, Peter." He pointed out and he seemed fearful of me.

"You called me, Peter."

"That's your name, right?" I chuckled, shaking my head back and forth. "We need to talk about what happened back there."

"Nothing happened." He insisted, folding his arms across his chest.

"We both know there was something happening back there," I argued. He groaned and threw his arms up in anger.

"Can't we just forget it?!" He yelled at me. I was taken back and shut up. "Nothing happened on that cliff. You are imagining things and are going crazy. If you know what's best for you then, go back to your camp and never cross my path again." He finished and turned away from me, starting to walk away.

"You can't always run from your problems," I shouted. I ran after him, catching up.

"Watch me!" Peter barked and increased his pace.

"So, you can't tell me that you felt something?!" I cried out. He froze in his tracks. "Cause, I did."

"You what?" He raised his voice. I grabbed his arm and forced him to face me.

"I felt sparks right here." I pointed to my lips. This wasn't a lie, it was plain fact. I hated it too. "By the look your eyes give me, you felt it too."

"Man, you are going crazy." He hissed, laughing. Ouch. My face fell with disappointment.

"I know you're pushing away your feelings." I growled. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Feelings?" He softly, asked. I nodded.

"Like anger." I gave an example. He stared at me. "Freedom." His eyes went to his feet. "Love." His head jolted up to meet my eyes.

"Love?" He spat. I nodded. "I've never heard of it."

"I think you have." I pointed out in a whispered. "I daresay you're feeling it now for something or someone." He glares at me and I heard the sound of metal. The next thing I see is a sword to my neck. Peter points it at me with a dead glare settled in his eyes.

"Never. Even the sound of it offends me. It's a weakness." He snarled. I raise my hands in surrender.

"Go ahead." I snap. He points it to me still. "We both know I'm right." He doesn't do anything, which puzzles me. "What are you waiting for? Kill me!" I encouraged. "I'm out of your way, you get Henry's heart. Everything you want." His eyes softened and he dropped the sword on the ground. His hands fall to his sides and the sound of the sword dropping echoes throughout the jungle. He rushes up to me and cups my face, crashing his lips to mine. His lips are soft and gentle. I kiss back, wrapping my fingers around his wrist to keep his hands in place. He pulls away with a blank and surprised expression. I nod and rekindle the kiss. He grabbed my waist and lifted me up. I wrap my legs around his waist, throwing my arms around his neck too with our lips still connected. Wendy's voice rang in my head with his warnings raw in my brain. I have to be careful for myself and for everybody else who might be impacted by this.