chapter 25 ✦ pandora's box

"Henry!" Emma shouted, rushing onto the Jolly Roger while also pushing through others. "Where is he?!"

"Over here!" Neal responded, waving his hand for Emma to come over. Emma and Regina pushed through everyone and I stepped back from them, trying to give them space. I hugged myself and saw Regina kneel down beside Henry. She held his heart in her hand and pressed it down into Henry's chest with her magic. She stared down at him and Emma looked down at Henry with sorrow in her eyes.

"Henry?" She called but he didn't move. I could see tears welling up in Regina's eyes. "Are we too late?" Emma looked at Regina but Regina didn't answer.

"H-henry! Honey!" Regina's voice cracked. She shook his body a little bit. Silence filled the air and the only thing you could hear was the waves of the Neverland Sea, crashing against the side of the boat. Suddenly, Henry shot up and gasped for air with his eyes widening. He caught his breath and everyone's face washed with relief. Regina and Emma both grabbed a very distraught Henry and hugged him. I smiled a little at them but, I couldn't help but think about Peter. Was he okay? Where is he? I looked all around to see nothing but, open ocean.

"Whoa, whoa. Take it easy there, buddy." Neal laughed at him and Henry looked at everyone.

"I wanted to be a hero..." Henry said, quietly, looking around at everyone. "I wanted to save magic." His eyes landed on Emma. "I wanted to be like you..." Emma pulled him into her and hugged him, tightly.

"There's plenty of time for that." David chuckled at Henry.

"And now it's time to rest." Mary Margaret added and Regina immediately agreed.

"Welcome back, young sir." Hook leaned down towards Henry. "How about Captain's Quarters for out guest of honor? Don't you think?" He motioned his head for below deck.

"Come on." Regina told Henry. "I'll tuck you in." She grabbed Henry's hand and helped him downstairs. The boat started to sail moments later and I looked out on the ocean. I remembered the last time I was on this ship and the memories haunted me. I practically hear the screaming crewmembers and fell the water pouring on my face. I gazed up on deck and saw Felix, sitting on the ground on the upper deck. I walked over to the stairs and went over to him. I sat down next to him and kept my eyes on the ground.

"Felix." I spoke and he glared over at me. His expression dropped and his eyes went back to the ground.

"What?" He responded with a soft tone.

"What do you think Peter has in store them? I mean he has to have a plan." I asked and Felix shrugged with a hint of a smile on his face.

"I can promise you that it'll make Rumpelstiltskin's magic look like child's play." He chuckled, bitterly.

"Good." I snapped and he nodded at my response. I pushed myself up from the ground and walked down the deck stairs. I turned left and darted into the Captain's Quarters. I turned right into the weaponry room, which I vaguely remember from my days on this ship. I vaguely remember anything. I grabbed a sword from the shelf and fastened it into my scabbard. I made sure it looked like I wasn't here and went to my father's old quarters where I used to sleep. I entered and saw Regina getting up from the bed where a sleepy Henry laid. I stood there and waited for her to see me.

"What are you doing?" She quietly snapped.

"Protecting your so-"

"I can protect him on my own." She insisted and I rolled my eyes, smiling at her.

"Pan won't give up a fight and trust me, I know. I lived on an island with him for 200 years." I spat back and she glared at me, looking between Henry and me. "You can trust me, Regina." Lies. Just plain lies. I wasn't to be trusted.

"If you try anything to remotely hurt Henry, I'll make anything Pan did look like a magic show." She threatened, leaning into me and then, walking out of the room.

"Doubt it." I scoffed when I knew she was gone and I proceeded towards Henry. I brushed my fingers through Henry's hair and he looked at me, lazily.

"Why do you love him?" He blurted and it made me cringe.

"What do you mean?" I asked, pulling my hand back and folding it in my lap.

"He's killed so many people and he's broken your heart so many times." Henry explained and I nodded, listening. "If you love someone, you should never hurt them."

"It's complicated. You'll understand when you're older." I told him with a small smile. Henry's words echoed in my head as I looked down at the drowsy boy who was in my old bed as a child. I felt the soft blanket and gazed out the window to see the water crashing gently against the window. I glanced at Henry again and he was beginning to close his eyes. I hopped off of the bed and went over to the big window. Suddenly, I heard a gasp and I spun around to see Peter with a dagger in his hands. He stared down at Henry with a crazy look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, Henry." He spoke and Henry's eyes widened at Peter.

"W-what are you doing?" Henry stuttered. I ran over to Peter and held him back, leaning into his ear.

"I don't think this is a right way of doing this, Peter," I warned him and Peter immediately pushed me off of him.

"I wanted his heart, Riley!" He raised his voice but, quieted down when a bump was heard from the upper deck. "But, Regina took it away from me." He glanced at Henry's chest. "Left me for dead," He whispered to himself. "Now, I must take it." He dashed to Henry's chest and put his hand on it. Henry's chest lit up as well as his eyes with fear and a surge blew up in Peter's hand. Peter stumbled back in pain, holding his hand. Regina put a protection spell on Henry. Peter glared at Henry, dropping his hand. "Oh, how clever." Peter hissed in a demonic voice. Peter reached out and grabbed Henry's shadow.

"Ah! What are you doing?" Henry screamed in pain. It struggled against his grip as it detached from Henry's body. Henry screamed in agony and I got up, finally and rushed Peter. I collapsed on the ground with Peter on top of me. We heard someone's throat clear and we both looked up to see Rumpelstiltskin with Pandora's box. Peter's eyes widened and he scrambled off of me.

"Blood magic works both ways, Father." Rumpelstiltskin smirked and Peter quickly grabbed back onto Henry. Red smoke poured out of Pandora's box and lingered over to Peter. The smoke quickly engulfed Peter and he lifted up in the air with the smoke eating him up. Peter turned to Henry with his grip still tight on him. I suddenly saw Peter's eyes lit up and died out. Henry's eyes did the same a few moments after and I sat there, confused as ever. Pan's eyes lit back up and he fearfully examined his surroundings before lastly looking at Henry.

"No!" Peter shouted and let go of Henry, getting sucked into Pandora's box. The box closed up and Rumpelstiltskin smiled, proudly. Silence filled the air and I covered my mouth, staring at Pandora's box where Peter was trapped.

"Henry!" Regina came running in and grabbed Henry, pulling him into a hug. I breathlessly stood up and walked out of the room. A few minutes later, I was gazing out into the starry night but something distracted me. Henry was talking to Felix.