chapter 20 ✦ weak

I fluttered my eyes open to the native birds of Neverland that were singing and tweeting away. I was still securely in the tree I fell asleep in. I got up and started to climb down. My feet touched the ground and I darted towards the bushes, hearing something in the distance.

"What do you mean you can't find her?!" It was Peter.

"I can't see to track her." That other voice was Felix.

"Impossible, I can feel her movements." Peter hissed. I peered through the bushes and saw him pacing around. He stopped and whipped around, pointing to Felix. Felix was then, thrown back against a tree and laid on the ground. My eyes widened. Peter approached him and kneeled down. "Everyday I don't see her, a Lost Boy loses a life." He threatened. Felix had fear in his eyes and stood up with a sense of pride.

"Yes, Pan." He nodded and stalked off. Pan slowly turned his head towards me and peered through the bush. I felt the cuff that was still on my wrist and cursed, mentally to myself. I heard running next and then somebody jumped into Peter's arms. He twirled that person around and set them on their feet. My face fell and it was Wendy Darling. She had a wide smile on her face that I instantly despised. I crawled away and got up, running away. It was all a game, Peter Pan. How could you be so stupid? You were supposed to grab Henry. I crept up on the campsite and spotted Henry. He looked sad and I rushed over to him.

"Henry," I whispered. His head snapped up to me.

"Riley!" He exclaimed. I covered his mouth, shutting him up.

"I'm going to get you out of here," I promised, grabbing his hand. "Please take this off," I begged and lifted up my cuffed arm. He nodded and pulled it off. I smiled and rubbed my wrist. "Come on, let's get out of here." I wrapped my fingers around his wrist and flashed us out of Pan's camp. We appeared back at the place where I missed the most, which was my camp. The Lost Girls were doing what they do best and started to protect the camp when I arrived. I lit my hand up with fire magic. They stopped and smiled.

"You're back, Miss!" Most of them yelled and then, Ace emerged from the crowd.

"You're here," She breathed with relief. "Emma told me of her plan. I'm not gonna lie, I was worried."

"You know who I am. Nothing to worry about." I smirked. I looked around and Henry was still next to me. "Report?"

"Nothing to report," She told me. I nodded and looked down at Henry. "Go, get some food from the girls."

"Oh, he won't be doing that, love." A voice called out. I glared before turning around to look at Pan's face. He smiled at me. "Hello, Lassie." I glared at him and he chuckled. "You really thought you could take what's rightfully mine and run away. Tisk tisk."

"I had to take something that wasn't yours to begin with." I snapped. He looked at Henry and waved his hand over him. Henry's eyes rolled back in his head and he started to fall. I saw some Lost Boys catch him and Felix picked him up, putting him over his shoulder.

"Well, know, maybe I should take something that's yours." He snarled and I suddenly continuous coughing and a girl was dragged by some force from the crowd, holding both of her hands on her throat. I turned to Peter.

"Peter! Stop!" I yelled running up to him and he pushed me to the ground. Someone grabbed me and held me back. "She's innocent! I'm the one you want!"

"I can still have my fun." He laughed and the girl's face turned white and she fell to the ground. Peter smiled and disappeared in a cloud of smoke while the Lost Boys ran out of camp. The Lost Girls ran over to the girl's side, gathering around her. I stood up and pushed through the crowd. Her eyes were wide and cold as she lay there. Another girl bent down on her knees, feeling her face with her hand. She stood up and looked at me in the eye.

"Dead," She announced with a saddened voice.

"N-name?" My voice cracked.

"Raina, age 14. She arrived a few weeks ago. She was going to continue her battle training today with you and a few others." Ace spoke up and I nodded.

"Prepare for burial at Sunset on the beach." A tear escaped my eye.

"Are you crying, miss?" A girl laughed. Everyone's head turned to her. She froze with embarrassment.

"How dare you!?" I yelled, lifting my hand full of magic, knocking her to the ground.

"It was just an obser-"

"And it was false! Now, shut up before I have you banished for wrongful accusation." I growled and she nodded with fear. I stormed off into my tent after glaring at her, rushing over to my chest box and opened it. I grabbed my sword and slammed it shut. I took off into the jungle, red faced.

"Pan! Come out!!" I screamed. I turned in every direction when I made it to an empty clearing. "PAN, SHOW YOURSELF YOU COWARD!!" There he was with a smug grin across him dumb face.

"Coward.." He breathed and smirked. "Seems harsh, love." I grabbed his shirt and slammed him across a tree, putting my sword up to his neck.

"You son of a bitch." I hissed. He started to chuckle, evilly and it broke my heart. The boy I knew and cherished a few days ago was now gone due to darkness. A wave of dizziness came over me and I felt my eyes getting heavier as I fell to the floor.