Final Chapter: Final Battle

(The Freedom Fighters return to their universe as Shadow knows what their counterparts are capable of)

Shadow: OK. Listen. They're just like us. The only difference? They're ready to kill whenever they find necessary.

Sonic: Are you telling us we should kill? Everything needs limits!

Shadow: We have to forget some.

(Back to Space Colony Ark, the Freedom Lords find out that Doctor Eggman escaped)

King Sonic: It looks like Eggman escaped from Prison Island again.

Guardian Knuckles: You're gonna need company.

King Sonic: (smirks) I don't see any problem with that.

(Doctor Eggman is seen trying to escape with a supposed hostage as the Freedom Lords arrive)

King Sonic: (grabs Eggman by the collar) Where is the hostage?

Doctor Eggman (Silver): There was never any hostage...

(Silver reveals himself)

Silver: I'm sorry.

(Silver teleports off as the Freedom Lords fall for the trap. However, Valkyrie Julie-Su uses her weapon to break free.)

Shadow: (notices the escape) Hit her, Knuckles!

(Knuckles hits the alternate Julie-Su before having to face his counterpart.)

(Silver fights his other self in the telekinesis battle)

(Amy Rose is easily defeated by her counterpart, and as Shadow tries to hit her, the alternate Amy Rose finds out and counters him. But as the alternate Amy Rose was about to crush Shadow, the original Amy Rose throws her Piko Hammer at her, hitting her head)

(Tails shoots some beams at the alternate Sonic until the arm cannon runs out of energy)

Tails: Oops...

(Tails manages to evade the alternate Sonic's attack)

Tails: Over here.

(The alternate Sonic tries again before being thrown down outside the prison as Tails approaches him)

Tails: That's what I call putting the house down.

(Suddenly, the alternate Sonic grabs Tails in the neck, but somehow hesitates in killing him)

Tails: You can't, huh? I'm the last piece of your consciousness.

King Sonic: I did things I never thought I would do in the last two years. One more makes no difference.

(Suddenly the original Sonic comes in with the rest of the Freedom Fighters and surprisingly Doctor Eggman)

Sonic: Wait!

(The alternate Sonic notices the original Sonic and his colleagues)

King Sonic: You're unaccompanied lately. You must be liking it.

Sally: That was the hardest choice to be made today.

Bunnie: Permission to shoot, sugah.

Sonic: Permission granted to all.

Doctor Eggman: You heard him.

(Doctor Eggman shoot the chaos disruptor at the alternate Sonic, Bunnie shoots at the alternate Amy Rose, Blaze hits the alternate Silver, Sally shoots the alternate Knuckles, and Rotor Walrus shoots the alternate Julie-Su)

(Sonic approaches his counterpart)

Sonic: That was a chaos disruptor. And your chaos energy has been drained.

(The alternate Sonic faints as Doctor Eggman comes in)

Doctor Eggman: It would be a sweet revenge. (approaches Sonic) But a deal is a deal. (gives the weapon to Sonic)

Shadow: (comes in) I made a deal with my superiors. Exonerate Eggman from his penalty in exchange for help.

King Sonic: Whatever happens will be your responsibility!

Sonic: It's a very high price. Just better than the alternative.

(The alternate Sonic is taken away as the original Sonic approaches Tails)

Sonic: I knew you wouldn't change his mind.

Tails: Why?

Sonic: Because I felt the same temptations. Much stronger.

Tails: So you're not that good.

Sonic: To be honest, I didn't even deserve these things. (shows the chaos emeralds before giving them to Knuckles)

Knuckles: I'll take them back to the Angel Island. That's where they belong.

(As Tails and Knuckles walk away, Sally approaches Sonic)

Sally: It's good to see you back, Sonic.

(Sonic and Sally have a romantic kiss as the screen fades out)